Wednesday, April 18, 2012

flag visible on map in BG

I was just wondering when can my team see our flag on the map if its being held by an enemy player. Sometimes I see it, sometimes not. BTW I once saw two ally flags on the map-what was that about?|||Quote:








I was just wondering when can my team see our flag on the map if its being held by an enemy player. Sometimes I see it, sometimes not. BTW I once saw two ally flags on the map-what was that about?




The Two ally flags on the map I'm not to sure about. But seeing the opposing faction with the flag on the map, I'm pretty sure that is a time based thing to help speed the game along. I'm not to sure though. I'm a preist so I just /tar the flag carrier then mind vision. Easiest way to figure out where it's at.|||Quote:








BTW I once saw two ally flags on the map-what was that about?




You consumed one too many beers prior to playing.|||I get it about the 2 different flags visible, but I am certain I saw 2 ally flags on the map more than once.

p.s. I wasn't dunk!!!:)|||The two Ally flags might have been a bug.

As for seeing two flags, if the enemy team Flag Carrier is in the LoS (Line of Sight) of anyone on your team, you see where your flag is on the battle map.|||sometimes it does show both flags as the same colour. a bug i guess. you can usually guess which one it is by its location...|||Quote:








...

As for seeing two flags, if the enemy team Flag Carrier is in the LoS (Line of Sight) of anyone on your team, you see where your flag is on the battle map.




I thought that might be the case, too, at first but I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with LoS. When the enemy first grabs and runs through the middle of the field, the flag is not visible on the map even if your whole team can see it.

What seems to have happened is Blizzard decided to do something about endless turtles. Once the flags have been grabbed but not capped for a certain amount of time, they become visible to the enemy team on their maps.

Also as has been mentioned already, the flags sometimes are both blue, both red, or correct colors for each team. It is probably a bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment