Thursday, April 19, 2012

Twinks in BGs

One of the reasons that I prefer AB to WSG is that the effect of twinks didn't seem as great - and they couldn't be as annoying in AB by holding up the game, as seems to often happen in WSG.

However in one game I just played, a hunter twink just ruled the roost, judging from his rep the character hasn't played in BGs much yet - only a couple of hundred points in alliance force's rep. But at the rate he can win games he soon will.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...l&n=Imtwinkone

he has extensive costly enchants and a fantastic gun and a lot of talent points in marksmanship. His ranged attacks were deadly.

PS - Armory is good to see what twinks actually have.

PPS - I don't mind twinks - they 'can' make the game fun - especially when there is about an even mix on both sides.

PPPS - This is the game where alliance had 2 twinks and won in 14 mins, by 5 capping -

link deleted - thou shalt not link to places with tons of gold seller ads

GM12



GM12|||Neat.

You shouldn't link to your second source.|||Am against battlegrounds twinks, the reason is in a new server u can not compete vs old server twinks so is very anoying to get the rewards.

I know is lot of fun to twink your character but the new comer/server creation dont have a chance, thats my point of view and as you can read am not flameing twinkers,|||being on a new server will have distinct disadvantages. lack of experience being the biggest one. But since it's split up in battlegroups, you should have a good mix of people from older servers with more experience and better gear...........so I'm not sure I get your point.|||I have a twink, I quit him though after I got board with him... Really not much use in the end. But I love how blizzard made the armory section, I just don't get why so many are against it... It's not like you can't just look at it in-game too...|||This is a guild rule that I found and sums up what I feel about “Twinks”, I hate that word!

“Twinking/Griefing

Twinking has been the bane of MMORPGs since the days of EverQuest, when level six characters would run around in full Rubicite. WoW has a system in to keep people from twinking too badly: each piece of equipment has a level requirement. What DOESN’T have a level requirement is the enchanting profession. You could, conceivably, put fiery enchants or crusaders on level 19 weapons and totally own the level 19 bracket battleground. But, not under this guild tag. It’s an unfair advantage vs other players who may be new to the game or who may be working their characters up honestly. It is a way of griefing, and we won’t stand for it. Twinks have ruined the battlegrounds as the system stands now, and have made them very un-fun for anyone who’s not twinked. “But, it’s fun!” Maybe for you, but only you. “I earned that money!” Not on THAT character, you likely didn’t. Fun at the expense of others is rude and… lame. Unless and until Blizzard puts in some sort of balancing system for the battlegrounds, we will not tolerate such twinking in the guild. If you can’t play on the same level playing field as everyone else, then perhaps you shouldn’t be playing.”

This is a very large guild and I wish more guilds would use this type of rule if you wish to join their guild. As I see it there is not much to add to what was already said. I do wish to add that people who “Twink” are for the most part pore players and I find them sad. They have to “Twink” to win in BG’s and pick on players who are new to the game, or who wish to play as Blizzard intended the BG’s to be played. I love BG’s and with out sounding like I am bragging win a lot in BG’s because I know how to play my character very well. I have played against “Twinks” in BG’s as a normal character and killed them over and over. It is very satisfying standing over a body of a “Twink” knowing he paid 100’s of gold to “Twink” his character and I with just normal gear has taken him out. Just a word to all of you who “Twink” get you character to level 70 go to BG’s and see what its really like to play. I would bet you would get destroyed over and over and over if you did. Manly because most people who make “Twinks” cannot play and it would be a real reality check for them to see how much they don’t know about real BG’s.|||Tronis, have you read >>>this thread<<<? Not all twinks are griefers/gankers, and a fair amount of them spend a lot of time outside the BG's in world PvP, targeting characters that appear ??? to them.|||Tronis, I would hate to be a in a fascist guild such as that.

So what can you use? Can you use epic gear? I mean that would give you an unfair advantage. I generally semi-twink my gear and I have earned it all myself, on the very same toon. Gold isn't that difficult to come by. Sure, I level slowly and spend tons of time in the x7 - x9 BG's until I can get the BG's gear for the next set of 10 levels.|||�Twinking� I know some of you hear this word and think wow what a cool word I cant think on my own so I need to make me one too. �Twinks� how would you feel if Blizzard in the next patch let level 70 only play in any BG bracket? Would you have as much fun getting ganked over and over by a level 70??? Some new players hear of BG and its one of the reasons they start playing WOW. �Twinking� ruins the BG experience for new players and I wish Blizzard would let only level 70 play in all levels of BG�s. I know it would still not solve the problem but it would be fun to see and show all of you �Twinks� that for most normal players who are new to WOW getting killed by a �Twink� is not so fun. So I wish Blizzard would let you get killed over and over and maybe �Twinks� would finally go away from blizzards BG�s. The reason I say level 70 is because so many people �Twink� because it easy to get to level 19 or 29 but it�s a lot of hard work to get to 70. Yes I hate �Twinks� but not for the reason most of you would think. No I am very good at BG�s. Yes I have killed most �Twinks� in BG�s I have faced and not the other way around. I hate them because I feel they take away something from the newer players of WOW. By �Twinking� most normal players cant experience real BG�s till level 40�s or higher. I know I love PVP and BG�s and to take that away from newer players is wrong and no matter how you try and make yourself feel better �Twinking� is a form of cheating, I am sorry it is. By making a �Twink� you might as well buy gold, scam, pay for power leveling and just for fun run a bot program. Yes I am sorry it is all the same Blizzard has just not figured out how to ban it yet! But if they could you know they would. So the next time you talk to someone who say�s they have a �Twink� ask them how is buying gold going? If they say that is wrong and is cheating say so is �Twinks!� Anyway that�s my 2 cents for all of you cheaters� I mean �Twinks!� ;)|||If you have such good tactics, then the next logical step would be for you to get the best possible gear (including enchants) to be the best player you could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment