Thursday, April 19, 2012

Would I help the team better if I...

Used concentrated on DoT ing everyone or concentrated on HK's and KB's?



You see I can only really choose one, When I decide to DoT everyone in the BG I'm at the top of the charts at lvl's 40-49 BG's doing an average of 80k damage, and I'm at the top of the charts about 75% of the time and the other 25% of the time I'm 4rth - 2nd place.

But when I decide to stick to one target with my MB's and MF's and lay back on my DoT's I get more HK and KB. It gets me at the top of the charts about 40% of the time but I'm normally 4th-2nd when I do this.

My question is would you rather have your teams Shadow Priest dealing as much damage as he can to the enemy or get him to deal major damage to kill enemies off one at a time.

Because it's rather confusing. The charts say I do more damage but I do less HK, but I can do more HK but end up dishing out less damage.

Maybe its because when I DoT I deal alot of damage but I divide the damage for my other team mates to have a much easier time killing.

To answer this question I'd need the other people on the BG to tell me what they want. In other words you guys!

What do you think?

Major damage divided amongst the enemy so that when you fight in combat they're at 2/3 or 1/3 their life? (Depending what class I DoT)

Or do you want your teams Shadow Priest to Smash the guy your fighting with an MB and a couple of MF?

And yeah I am a twink incase you're wondering how I can DoT for so much.

Edit:

My equips give me +250 shadow damage at bg lvl 40-49, I dont surivive as well as other cloth wearers on the BG's and I'm also quite high on the charts on death (not the most though).|||I would want a Shadow Priest that understands what needs to be done. Running into a large group of players with a few teammates? DoT them all up, focus damage on their healers, help finish off the targets your teamates are whittling down, then pop outta shadow form to heal up the group.

The only thing KB's are good for is rubbing epeens. Similarily, DoTing players that are just running by you will get you a lot of damage on the boards, but is useless if he is just going to bandage when they wear off and steal your flag/base. DoTing up a large group to have them all at 50% health right from the start so the other classes can come in and decimate them without a worry is god-like.|||Quote:








I would want a Shadow Priest that understands what needs to be done.






I would want that from any class. unfortunately there are too many people out there that are more concerned with being top in damage or kb/hk and they don't do the small things that will help you win.|||Those are the only 2 options? On my teams, I want people who care about the objectives of the game (in warsong, that would be getting their flag to your flag room and capping it, and stopping the other team from doing that, and in ab, it would be getting more resources than the other team by either defending nodes or capturing nodes). I would rather have someone who is constantly at the bottom of all the charts who gets more returns and caps than anyone else than someone who is only concerned with how many kills or how much damage is done. Winning is what is important, and that is what brings in the most honor at the end of the day (not to mention 3x as many tokens).|||Quote:








Those are the only 2 options? On my teams, I want people who care about the objectives of the game (in warsong, that would be getting their flag to your flag room and capping it, and stopping the other team from doing that, and in ab, it would be getting more resources than the other team by either defending nodes or capturing nodes).




Fully agreed.

Sometimes I think those "score sheets" work rather counterproductive in that people are more focussed on getting on top of the charts than on winning the match.

It's very common that half or all of the captured resources in AB are left behind undefended just because people want kills. Just to be capped by the enemy behind their backs (on the other hand, it's often very handy to run behind a group of enemies since they do the same and you can re-cap points when they run to the next resource).

A few times I also played a few WSG matches bij just running to and fro between our fr and the alliance fr while evryone was busy on the midfield fighting each other and leaving their flags unprotected.

Within 5 minutes it was over :)

So yes, the BG objective is the one important thing, the rest is just details.|||Sometimes dying in WSG can tell you a lot. How often have you accidentally run into a crowd of opposition? Before they click you, count heads. If they have most of their team in one spot, rez and go find the guy holding your flag. He can't be well defended.

If you get lucky in AB, you can run around and cap nodes uncontested as the other side focuses on camping.

Get to the flag ASAP in a furious battle. Choose the right moment and you can shut off rez reinforcements. Sometimes that makes all the difference. You can use PW:S and scream to protect the person who's trying to cap too.

Improved range on shadow spells will enable you to put opponents in combat when they want to use surprise attacks. VE is helpful, renew more so. Renew is like adding hp to everyone you touch.

Dispel magic and silence are important tools that don't do DPS but make kills easier and save your mates some damage.

One trick to combat purge-happy opponents is to use a bunch of low-level potions. Then attack the purger while he's not doing damage. Save silence for his healing time.

Rogues ought to take out totems, but they usually don't. Use your wand on them. A shaman who casts a lot of purges and feels compelled to recast totems is OOM and soon dead.

If you concentrate on single-target damage, unless you have gobs of +dmg gear (or have a high-level toon) you will be running around low on mana. You can use that same mana to help a lot of people. In most games, you will get spot chances to DPS enough to satisfy.|||The only time I check my stats is while playing my warrior twinks. I like to see if I am out-healing our priests/druids/shamans/pallys with my crusader procs. If I am then some people are about to get a fresh tear in their backside.|||DoT everyone up.

In BG's the best thing to do is slow the other team down. Sometimes it takes a player out of the match for longer if they have to eat/drink or bandage rather than just die and rez.

As a hunter, when I know I'm going down in a group of people I either drop frost trap to keep them stuck for a little bit, drop snake trap to hurt them and slow them down and also try to get as many wing clips off as possible.

If they are stuck away from the flag/cap they can't help their team win and that is also true for when they have to eat/drink/bandage.

IMO the better indicator of someone who is helping the group the most are those with 1. Most damage dealt 2. Most healing done 3. Most flag/node caps/defended/returns.|||IMO DOT all . . . fighting a whole force of ppl with aonly half life is quite nice.


Quote:








As a hunter, when I know I'm going down in a group of people I either drop frost trap to keep them stuck for a little bit, drop snake trap to hurt them and slow them down and also try to get as many wing clips off as possible.




I love doing a spin on this in EOTS's when we can't get past the wall of horde blocking the path to the flag.

I mount up - ride past everyone (taking alot of dmamge) and ride straight for the flag . . . I dont stop - I just dismount a little past it and drop a snake trap as I die . . .good fun - and it slows them, confuses them b/c some hunter just rode into like 10-15 ppl, and it makes a lot of them target me usually which buys us some time.

Snakes on a Bridge FTW! lol
|||Quote:








I would want a Shadow Priest that understands what needs to be done. Running into a large group of players with a few teammates? DoT them all up, focus damage on their healers, help finish off the targets your teamates are whittling down, then pop outta shadow form to heal up the group.

The only thing KB's are good for is rubbing epeens. Similarily, DoTing players that are just running by you will get you a lot of damage on the boards, but is useless if he is just going to bandage when they wear off and steal your flag/base. DoTing up a large group to have them all at 50% health right from the start so the other classes can come in and decimate them without a worry is god-like.




i totally agree stigg....... some priests have no idea what to do but when you got one ur team can nearly always win bg's.

No comments:

Post a Comment