Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hacks in Eye of the Storm

Every EoTS I step into now I always see the Horde capping towers before the match starts. I understand how this is done for certain classes and being one of those I will have no choice but to counter this cheap tactic by doing the same thing. Alliance does it too but usually as a response to the Horde initiating the cheating.

By the time the game starts they have both towers capped and 1 flag return and have 60-100 points before alliance even gets out of the gates. Sometimes I think Blizzard caters to cheaters, seriously how was this bug not known about and fixed properly in all that beta testing they did. There is some half assed way of preventing this but it is easily avoided if you know what you are doing.

It just seems as though every bg has some kind of exploit(s) and blizzard just never lifts a hand until its too late.|||Hopefully players exploiting that will get banned.|||It's Blizzards way of balancing the Alliance advantage in AV. :D|||Did any shamman get banned for capping towers in AV using farsite? What about the hoard using the "wall glitch" to hide the flag in Warsong?



Some get fixed with unschedualed patches, some go untouched- but no one gets banned....

I when the other side cheats it makes me mad, but I can't stand it when someone on our side stoops to that lvl.|||So what exactly are you saying? Yes, there are exploits, and yes as long as there are exploits people will use them to get an advantage. Whoopty freakin doo.

And yeah sure, it makes perfect business sense for Bliz to cater to the small percentage of people who find and use certain exploits in order to tick off the larger base population of players who play by the rules.|||[shrugs] If I see that happening I'll be reporting them to a GM. Abusing exploits or bugs - that's just wrong.|||I think you're looking through rose coloured spectacles, I love how in your version the allliance only does it in response to the horde cheating first. My experience of BGs is that the alliance seems to use every exploit under the sun.

WSG, using the inaccessible spot on the roof of their base for the FC, the corner on the tree roots behind the tents are/were both annoying use of almost inaccessible spots to hide for alliance. The horde, to my knowledge, has nothing similar and I have never seen a horde flag carrier try to use inaccessible terrain to stand with the flag.

I've had some alliance using a warp hack, most recently a druid me and another horde were chasing with flag who warped to midfield from within our base, also seen it with a rogue. Now I couldn't be sure this wasn't me lagging, but I doubt it.

I've already reported a few players in BGs for using exploits - particularly in AB where a few times alliance had capped the mine before the gates even opened. No idea how its done, but I hope the exploiters got at least a temporary ban. Maybe they fixed it as I haven't seen it recently, or maybe some people got banned and the word got around.

Lets face it, there are cheaters & exploiters on both sides, if they get away with it then they will continue to use it. Simplest method is to just report anyone you see using an exploit - report it under harrassment and you get a fairly quick response from GMs :)|||this musta been fixed a long long time ago - but horde used to be able to wall jump the front of their home base & hide behind a pole. melee couldn't hit it, and i think it was out of LoS for ranged as well.|||Quote:








Alliance does it too but usually as a response to the Horde initiating the cheating..




hahahahahah *snort* *choke* *squirt milk out nose* bwa hahah

You're sense of self righteousness is rather cute, especially when you go on to say you have "no choice" but to use the same tactics.

I have NEVER exploited, even when i see others doing it. I have refused to heal exploiters on my own team. There is always a choice. You could take the moral high road if you are really so upset about it, instead of cheating yourself.

I am against people doing this, but if you yourself do it you have no reason to complain and if you're in my BG and i see you do it i'll report you, just as i report horde who do it from my own team.|||I didn't play in the BGs last night- did they fix the issue with the tuesday patch?

No comments:

Post a Comment