Thursday, April 19, 2012

AB's still my favorite

WSG is still a snoozefest because everyone thinks its funny to hide with the flag for an hour and waste everyone else's time.

AV is PvE, not PvP.

EoTS is apparently complicated because everyone on my team always goes for the flag.

The arena...pfff.

But AB...AB is my favorite.

1. It's large enough that you won't be zerged constantly but small enough that you can find 1v1s and 1v2s easily.

2. It has a definite time limit, one person can't delay the game for an hour when all you need is one more mark.

3. Battles for nodes tend to be furious and ongoing because the GYs are so close.

4. Healers actually heal.

5. Those times you are getting zerged it's not tough to get two or three other people to follow you around to all the undefended nodes and cap them.

AB is the closest thing to true PvP I have found in WoW.|||While AV does have NPC's it's not pve. There can be as many as 40 alliance/horde players on each team and it gets very tense at times. It's without question my favorite BG but I had to grow into it.|||My God, my first AV was mind boggling. But I agree, it's definately not PvE, and I don't know how anyone would say that. To each their own, of course.|||It's been a while since I've done AV but a lot of the games I've been in has definitely been more PvE than PvP. The combatants literally not fighting eachother but only going for their respective objectives. A bit dull tbh but a fast way to get marks.|||I see what you mean about AV being PvE, I've had a few games where I got literally 0 hks 0 kb and all my deaths came from npcs. However, in my bg group the alliance tend to like defending at SH GY, so it doesn't happen often.

AB is my favourite bg also, and I'd consider WSG my least favourite.

Saying that, I've had some really nice games in WSG, it can be much more tense.|||Ab is my favourite too

Av is crap

this is why:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2yDzcer7Ig|||WSG is fun, it's just stupid people that ruin it. AB is pretty good if I do say so mahselff.|||In AV, it only becomes a PVE zerg if you allow the other team to do it. Both sides have strategic bottlenecks on the map that allow for PVP blockades to occur. Although I have been in AVs where you literally ride by people waving as you pass.

AB is my least favorite by far. Since I'm a team player, I actually will sit and defend a flag when everyone else decides to leave it. Doing so it is very easy to go most of the game if not all of it without seeing any action. Nothing fun about standing around a flag for the entire battle with your finger up your butt.

WSG very fun IMHO. When you get a good preset going, you control the game to some extent.|||I definitely prefer AB over WSG.

Although both game styles have their nice elements and let different builds/classes shine, the mere fact that WSG can take 1+ hour (had that a lot of times) can make it a chore a little too often for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment