Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mainly BG class ?

Hello!

I'm going to roll something new to do mainly bg's. My goal is to get the whole Honor set+trinkets+weapons and any other item available to me. And eventually hit arena with some friends ( not going for ultimate rating but gladiator gear would be nice ;)) Now I have no idea what a nice class would be. I want to have mainly lots of fun playing in the bg's because that's what a game is for, to entertain. I've been thinking of going warlock but I'm not so sure yet. Hopefully you guys can help out :)|||All classes are viable in PvP Battlegrounds and Arena, and each class has it's own ups and downs when in comes to fighting.|||Warlock will do fine, so if that's the one you like most go and have fun with it.|||psst use fear|||sorry for the bump. My (short) warlock adventure is over. It just doesn't match somehow. Back to question #1 I'd say. Like I said I want to have fun doing a crapload of bgs and hopefully be competetive aswell. I do not have the time of the world (let's say 3 hours a day) so I doubt I'll be able to raid. The gear dependant classes aren't a good choice I think cause I won't have the better gear for pvp.

It would be awesome if you guys post some of your own stories about what you would've known before you rolled that class and how you do in Bg's.. That said I hope I can find the class of my dreams soon cause I can't wait :)|||My frostmage met a dwarf paladin of his level today. Surprised him from mining a thorium vein I was going for too, so I attacked.

Went on with sheep and a couple nukes on his face before he could do a thing. Ice barrier and a couple more nukes to make him bubble. Blink away to get some distance while he bubbleheals. Barrier was still on cooldown so I summoned my lovely little elemental and iceblocked. Then just sit back and watch how that guy gets a beating from the elemental while he also manages to pull a nearby mob and wastes his time beating my iceblock. He didn't get far when the block ended. After the fight I was at around 90% health and 50% mana.

In BGs, playing as a mage seems to be all about having someone else to grab the enemy's attention so they don't all come at you for a supposedly easy kill. So its kinda like instances: nuke as much as you can, but avoid pulling aggro unless you have a getaway trick up your sleeve.

PvP with my druid is also fun, but somehow I always seem to get overpowered by whoever I attacked, and healing in a PvP fight really is a lot harder that it looks like.

BGs with a druid are even more fun than the mage, but as a feral spec it tends to be in a pattern. I stealth to help kill an enemy with someone. Bunch on enemies see me behind the lines. I run like hell and half the time I get away to heal and repeat the same. And flag running in WSG is big fun too, assuming your team has at least some idea what they are doing.

Can't really talk for any other classes though|||Your warlock adventure is over?

Can you tell us what you did? As you might have noticed, some people post about world PvP and it's not always clear what bracket they mean.

Warlocks ARE very strong in PvP. But if you play in the 10-19 bracket, you're likely to be killed by twinks a lot. Locks aren't strong in 10-19, twinked up melee classes are. So unless you're prepared to spend like 200g on some equipment (mainly enchantments) it's better to move on to the 20-29 BGs and skip the 10-19.

Anyway, imo there's 3 classes that dominate PvP:

1. Hunters - Personally I always had great trouble fighting them. They have great abilities to keep melee classes slowed down, and later learn Scatter Shot (I fear Marksman hunters most) that works like Fear for 4 secs, an extremely strong skill against casters and melee alike. Hawk Eye from Survival increases their range with 6 yards, so they can kill clothies even before they can get into range while their pets keep the casting interrupted.

Their traps are great to slow down opponents (also their flag runner) and to protect the flag in WSG.

I think hunters are the least gear dependent of the good BG classes.

2. Warlocks - From lvl 20-29 on, they're really strong although they're not as numerous as hunters and rogues (it happens quite a lot that half the BG players are made up just out of those 2 classes, now why should that be ;)). Get a lot of Stamina gear to increase survivability and personally I prefer the succubus minion, that now automaticaly seduces any 2nd opponent you fight. Fear & DoT is the warlocks strongest assets and often they do most damage in a BG just by running past and DoTting everyone up. Use affliction in the first BG brackets (at least up to 49).

I play a lot in the 29s with my lock and she regulary tops the sheets what damage and kills is concerned.

3. Rogues - but only if you twink them or at least get them good (blue) gear and some enchants. Rogues largely depend on burst damage, once they're out of stealth they're not that strong. Thery make very good flag runners (esp. subt spec after getting Preparation), flag and resource protectors and making general kills, especially clothies.

Now what BG rewards are concerned: your character is at its strongest when it finally has gotten the BG rewards. The PvP rewards include boots, belt, trinket, weapon, necklace for each bracket (but before lvl60 no chestpieces, shoulders, legs, headgear). Don't forget to check the rewards in your faction's capital (Ogrimmar, SW) since it has some additional rewards.

So personally I always play on a while after getting all the rewards to get some addditional Marks of Honour for the next bracket when I'm level x8.

Especially if you don't want to be too dependent on gear, best follow this advise, this way you get some good gear for the next tier. And well, since WoW is a VERY gear dependent game, don't expect to be the best if you don't want to invest too much into gear. Skill can't really make up for gear in this game. And since most players have a high level character to get their BG characters some nice equipment and enchantments their average gear is rather good ...

Yes Blizz had made a gear-matching system for BGs now but it only works at peak hours, when there's like at least 8 -10 battlegrounds taking place at the same time. So unless Blizzard merges some BattleGroups (groups of servers that play in the same BG), don't expect too much from this.

Also keep in mind that if you go to the BG and want to be strong there, don't go to the 20-29 BG at lvl 20-27 for example. Level differences really have a strong impact on your survivability and damage/healing, especially if you don't want to spend too much time/money on gear.

And oh, if you don't have that much time better play Horde since they win most BGs (it's true!). It gets you a lot more Marks of Honour that you need to get rewards!

Hope this helps a bit :)|||thanks a lot for the information you have given Icefrost and Findariel!

About my warlock adventure : I've gotten to level 17 with some decent greens and blues out of WC. But it was just plain boring, send pet in, cast DoT's. Cast Dot's on another mob and wand him to death while my voidwalker already killed the first target. Sure it was damn easy solo-ing but I nearly felt asleep :P Will locks get more fun at level 20+?

I also would like to say that I'll be able to get boosts at level 40+ from a 70 shammy. I can't get the boosts earlier because I wanna suprise him with my newly made horde character. (We played alliance before and he eventually went horde) So perhaps that would be a nice way to get myself geared up ;)

Ever since I started playing this game (that's now like 1 year ago) I've rolled a sick amount of alts. And now I finally know why, I read too much Eu-forums. If you haven't been there they consist of Nerf-threads. And somehow I want to have a strong class which won't get nerfed (impossible I know) And perhaps that's why I don't feel like playing my lock. It's a silly reason I know

I'm still thinking of either going further with my lock, or go rogue ( the fast-paced playstyle seems very fun :)) or shadowpriest ( I've had a lot of tough fights against them with my other characters)|||If you are planning to do arena, then the 2 dominant classes are warrior and healing paladin at the moment I think.

Rogues are very fragile, and you will be frustrated at how much you fail and get killed in higher lvl BGs. You need to dedicate a lot of time to a rogue to develop into a good fighter.

The easiest BG class is hunter imo. You won't be undefeatable, you'll get your arse handed to you, but it won't happen often. And often, you will get high(est) scores on the chart, at least in killing shots.

And warlock is certainly not boring :) And not boring by far in pvp. If you get bored with pvp as warlock, you can just re-spec to another talents setup and voila - you gets all new gaming experience.

Druids, they are the best for stealing and delivering a WSG flag (well, ok, maybe the best along with mages.. Or maybe slightly worse than mages... Or slightly better..). However, fighting as a druid, I personally found really hard to master. I chalk up druids as not-your-kinda-thing thing..

Shadow priests are very good for BGs, as well as for 1:1 pvp I think.



notice total damage
|||Well let's update :P I've played on my mage again after 2 months. Level 29 and I had a blast in WSG. I also did arena and even won a 2v1 match. But then I did the wrong thing... I went to the eu-forums to see what builds were used and... I looked into one of those "class concern" topics. I'm still not sure if that means i'll be a gimped moron at 70 in BG.

So I have 2 options left; The shadowpriest ( looks very interesting Underling!)

Or the mage.

I'm still not sure wether I'll be a good shadow priest player. I've never done it. So can you tell me a bit on how you try and beat each class Underling ? (or anyone else :P)

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment