Thursday, April 19, 2012

Patch 1.13 - Cross Realm BG

Inter Realm BG is gonna kick the most butt ever... It is time for PvP fame for all I think we're going to see more people taking the BG route to get good PvP gear I know I am!!!

Anyone else of the same ideas or have any views?
|||wachoo talkin bout willis|||Willis has to be in court... or celebrity boxing, i'm going back to politics this security guard stuff sucks.|||First, cross-realm BG is in 1.12, not 1.13, and they are implemented. (yay!)

Second, it does seem to make it easier (so far) to get into a BG, but it still may be awhile to get the rewards...esp. if you are looking for honor/rank-based rewards.

Supposedly, in the expansion, honor per se won't be the determining factor for some (rank-based rewards will still exist)...You'll be able to earn pts which you can 'save' for upgraded weps....|||I hate what they have done to the battlegrounds.|||Why? I'm still on the fence myself.

I like the fact that I can get into WSG almost immediately and I can get into AB at all. I don't like that I don't know any of the players from the other servers. With BGs before the patch, I knew what to expect from the other team based on who was over there. I also knew what tactics the people on my team were likely to use.|||Take the flip side, the other team doesn't know what to expect from you, either. One thing I've noticed right away is that people on the PvE realms are usually easy to spot. They try to take you down like a mob, instead of an intelligent being, which usually doesn't work.

And some people have no idea what true ownage is. We were loosing an AB game last night 4-0 or 4-1 depending on which GY we were able to ninja, and people were saying we were getting "Owned". Heh...appearently they havent ran into the premades on my server that 5-cap every time and stand right outside our 'base'.

The new Battlegrounds are indeed awesome (bugs aside). You get to interact with so many new people and see how other realms are doing on the PvP front. You see new strategies and ways of playing that maybe you haven't seen or considered yet. I've gotten to see so many new items that simply don't exsist on my server yet (rare AQ40 and Naxx stuff). This is a good thing.|||This is the way FPS servers have worked for years. If you weren't clanned up you were constantly facing people you didn't know. Player influx was/is very transient and that forced you to adapt constantly. Quit trying to make PvP work like PvE. There is NO SCRIPT. Adapt or die.

b-|||I am really speaking to what they have done to AV... I played 3 games in under an hour the other night... WTF?

The AV games were going quicker than AB...that makes no sense at all! WSG was supposed to be quick... AB intermediate... AV huge... now, not so much.

I also don't really like not knowing anyone... I enjoyed getting to know people from different guilds in the BGs over a period of time... it is one of the easiest ways to social network all over your server... now that is totally gone. with 40 games going... i would imagine that this process will be much much much more difficult.

Also, getting into games was never a prob on my server, so that has no appeal for me... maybe it was a bit harder for WSG, but the q times were not that long for 60's... virtually nil most of the time for other levels... and almost NEVER a wait for AV... this gets me nothing.|||Quote:








I don't like that I don't know any of the players from the other servers




this didnt bother me, i didnt know my own servers pvpers at first either(obviously) so its just a whole load of new pvpers to get to know.

if found it quite funny so far, last night there was about 3 or 4 of us from different servers who kept getting in the same games battle after battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment