Saturday, April 21, 2012

Battleground Noob

Hello all,

I have a few questions about the battlegrounds. As the title suggests, I have next to no experience in the BGs. First off, as a lvl 21, can I still go into WSG? From what I've read this BG seems to be for toons up to lvl 19. Have I missed out on this one? If so, the next available BG is AB right?

Next question is do I have to do anything special to enter a BG? Is there a quest or something that must be done to enter or do I just report to a battlemaster and que up?

The reason that I'm asking is because I missed out on PvP with my main, battlegrounds weren't in the game at that time, and I took an extended vacation from the game. I want to check this stuff out with my new toon.

Thanks for any help

Gloim|||WSG is borken into every 10 levels. So you ca still go there, but instead of it being the 10-19 bracket, you will be in the 20-29

You can also enter AB....which starts at levl 20 and goes (just like wsg) 20-29, 30-39, etc.

AV starts at 51 and you can do the arena whenever youw ant.

I'm not sure about this latest one.|||the Eye of the Storm was 61-69 then 70s if i recall correctly|||Not that you can't go in, but be prepared for frustration. Lower levels in the earlier two BG levels, I suppose even 30-39 are at a real big disadvantage. Folks who are specced and geared for PvP in the BG can have tons more HP than you and tend to be able to handle the fast paced world better.

I am not saying you should not go in, you can go in and get the idea and learn the ways. Just don't judge the BG experience on those first few times in and the lower levels. When you get to x8-9 then you might be able to tell what you might like/dislike about them.|||As the above posters, going into a BG at less than 23, 33, 43 etc is asking for a lot of frustration.

You wouldn't expect to take on a lvl 29 mob in PvE at lvl 21 and still live, a similar thing applies to levels within PvP. I almost never go into BGs until I am at least "x"5 in level for two reasons, 1) being I don't get killed so easily and 2) I don't consider myself a liability to my team.

Also, 20-29 bracket and to some degree 30-39 has a lot of twink characters (although 10-19 is easily the worst) who have farmed all the best gear, spent 100's of gold on enchants to be far superior to a "normal" leveling person so expect to get ambushed (a lot) by twink rogues (gnome or undead) dw'ing 2 blue weapons with enchants and who will probably have double your health.

For me, I now completely ignore 10-19 BGs on my alts, the rampant twinking in this level bracket has completely spoiled my enjoyment of BGs in this level because I have no intention of doing it myself. The growth of 20-29 twinks also has me considering ignoring that BG level also but the jury is out on that one still.

Go in, take a look around and have some fun - I spend a lot of time in BGs on various toons, its generally a fun part of the game although I am biased by my dislike of twinks in general.|||I've read quite a bit about the twinks and I'm well aware that I'll be cannon fodder, but you have to learn sometime. Right? I can lay traps and get a couple shots off before visiting the GY. I play FPS games too, so fast paced doesn't bother me. I'll check'em out. Thanks for the replies guys.

Gloim|||Firstly, its good to know you do your research before posting for help.

As mentioned above all bgs are spread into brackets. If you are planning on going into a bg in the 10-19 or 20-29 range be sure to use terrain to your advantage. It tends to be the only way you can overcome twinks, though it won't contribute greatly to winning.|||A hunter, aye?

Well that's an entirely different matter. If you wait until lvl 28 and then go AB, you'll actually be able to take on twinks if you got half-decent gear and fast reflexes.

A few tips:

Track Stealthed (unless that's lvl 30). Always. Maybe switch to Track Humanoids for about � minute at the start of the game so that you wont run directly into a mob of enemies, but apart from that u WANT to fight rogues as long as you see them before they see you.

Your pet goes at full speed under water, meaning that if you can convince an enemy to jump in a river from which he can't get up on ur side, he's dead.

DoT sting + Freezing Trap = Dead YOU. Be sure to put on a sting that wont damage your opponent before trapping.

Don't keep on Aspect of the Cheetah for more than a few seconds. Turn it on to get a bit of distance on a melee class, then switch it off before he uses some ranged attack - any ranged attack - to daze you.

Keybindings, keybindings, keybindings. Even holding down 3 keys at the same time is possible while you're jumping and turning (to face your enemy while still moving away from him), with some practice, and as it's not possible to do the spin if you need to use your mouse to click off an attack: Keybindings for everything.

Well, dunno how helpful this is to a lvl 20something hunter, but it worked nicely for me on my own hunter (I was able to own lvl 39 rogue twinks as long as I dodged out of their stun - using my cat to break their stealth - from my lvl 37 hunter geared with nothing but what I'd looted while lvling him and crafted with his own LW skills). If you got an FPSers reflexes and can get used to some keybindings, they'll be chanceless.|||<keybindings>

I am a mouse player, left hand is on the direction buttons, right hand mousing over stuff. In PvE it works decent enough, but the more I've been in instances and in PvP I realize I am gimping myself, so..tonight I am going to start keybinding stuff and switch hands on the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment