Thursday, April 19, 2012

BG Matching for 19 Twinks

So far I like it a lot.

Even though I haven't completed my current twink in progress, I decided to run some bg's to get a few marks to fill out my ring and neck slots. Each game I was in seemed to be pretty well balanced. No lopsided games. All games lasted at least 20 mins and both sides had at least 1 flag capture. Many 3-2 comeback type games.

I jumped on with my full twinks and actually saw even better competition. I actually participated in a game in which every person was wearing a fishing hat.............pretty awesome stuff.



On a side note, I'm kinda enjoying this new twink. With only 800 hps, i have to be really crafty. Make full use of disarm and hamstring kiting whenever possible. I sacrificed 2% crit to get imp charge, since i couldn't stand not being able to hamstring immediately after a charge. So, I dipped back down to 20% crit, but I have none of my enchants yet and I still plan on hitting 25% with my Crusadered Glacial Stone, or 28% with my +25 Agi Smite's Hammer.

Stll working on Shadowfang, AGMs, and I guess Fishing Hat/Boots if my weekends ever allow for them.



So far it would seem that gear matching means good times for twinks|||I logged onto one of my rogue twinks. Dodge fell 43% /cry

Havent really entered the BGs at all. Havent played any of my twinks in a long time. All I know is...I will not be logging in on my main twink ever again. He will sit forever at 83% dodge. FOREVER! muahahaha|||I feel ya. I figure now that rogues are a bit easier to hit, it wouldn't be fair for me to roll in my stamina gear. I'll top out somewhere near 1000hps and have 25% crit and an attack power probably close to 300 with battle shout.

rogues still dodge a crap ton, but, not like before. i have 20% combinded avoidance with dodge/parry and once I have my enchants I should up that to 25% or more. Add in my 5% shield and hopefully i will get Shadowfang to replace my Cruel Barb.

Fun times indeed|||Their dodge is no match for my 356 fireball crits! Muhaha Frost Nova!|||I haven't had a chance to see the new bg system in place, but I imagine on my battlegroup, where at least 85% of the level 10-19 pop that queues are twinks, that we won't see much difference than we did before. Our premade was supposed to be last night, but leave it to blizzard to screw that up for us :(

I can't wait to duel the old uber dodge rogues, I imagine that they will be easier than the stamina rogues now for me.|||Wait, you're getting matched? It takes my twink at least 30-45 minutes to get into one wsg alone. =.[|||Quote:








Wait, you're getting matched? It takes my twink at least 30-45 minutes to get into one wsg alone. =.[




Same here. With four servers in our battlegroup, there is at most one match going on - pre 70 on my 29 twink. I must say, I've already given up on him because of the redicilously long wait time... if this effects it even worse, I can see myself typing DELETE on him very soon.|||Why bother deleting him? Just leave him sitting there for a time that maybe that group picks up again.

Edit: That is unless you really need the 10th character slot on that server.|||I hear ya guys. At any given time, there are at least 10 WSG's goign in the 10-19 bracket...and unless I am joining with a group, I usually get auto-accepted. I have already decided to abandon making a 39 twink druid for that very reason.|||on average I see que times of about 5 mins and somewhere between 4-7 games going.

Since bg matching, I haven't been in a game that felt lopsided either way. I got into a game yesterday that consister of 2 horde 5-man premades. At first I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I was gonna get rolled. I recognized some of the names and at least 4 of the twinks I knew had Fishing gear and AGMs. Our squad had 4 full twinks.

Eventually we lost, but, not without puttin up a fight. Gear wise I think the squads were evenly matched. I assumed that the premades would be stock full of twinks and it turned out most of them were just average 19's running with guildies to get tokens and honor. They didn't have any exceptional twinks beyond the 4 that I knew. Definately not the a-teams of those guilds.

It certainly gives me hope that twinking will pick up and that when I go into the 70 bg's I might even be able to compete with my crap gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment