Saturday, April 21, 2012

Arathi Basion Marks of Honor

i just needed to make sure of something before i turn in all my marks of honor. What exactly can they be used for?

Can you only turn them in 3 pieces at a time for honor, or is there another way to to spend them? like some kinda currency for gear perhaps?

btw, i know about the 3,3,3 thing for more honor. im just curious if you can turn these in for more than honor.|||Quote:








i just needed to make sure of something before i turn in all my marks of honor. What exactly can they be used for?

Can you only turn them in 3 pieces at a time for honor, or is there another way to to spend them? like some kinda currency for gear perhaps?

btw, i know about the 3,3,3 thing for more honor. im just curious if you can turn these in for more than honor.






turn them in. you can only have so many at one time. after that limit, you will no longer recieve any for the games you participate in.

turning in marks gets you 3 things: honor, reputation and xp.

1. honor - good for ranks, allows you to buy gears, etc. BUT honor deteriorates...for now at least.

2. reputation - allows you to buy gear at certain levels of honor (neutral, friendly, honored, revered, exaulted) and the rewards for the different bgs are incredible in some cases.

3. XP - you get some xp with each turn in. this is a counter to prevent too much rep farming with twinks.

this applies to all bg's.|||No other use than honour. I really would advice the 3-3-3 of each bg though, megarepgain ;)

HoD|||Quote:








No other use than honour. I really would advice the 3-3-3 of each bg though, megarepgain ;)

HoD






Right, I should clarify. No, these cannot be directly used as currency, BUT they give more than just "honor." To be specific, they give honor, xp, and rep.|||Oh i see. and do you get more rep in AB than in WSG? or are they all worth the same when turned in?

as for 3 3 3, how much more rep do you get than lets say turning in 3 in seperately totaled?

and actually, i cant even get into AV yet hehe. so i guess it doesnt matter now.|||Quote:








Oh i see. and do you get more rep in AB than in WSG? or are they all worth the same when turned in?

as for 3 3 3, how much more rep do you get than lets say turning in 3 in seperately totaled?

and actually, i cant even get into AV yet hehe. so i guess it doesnt matter now.






each battleground has rep for a different "faction" and each "faction" has different rewards based on reputation.

Alterac Valley = Frostwolf

Arathi Basin = The Defilers

Warsong Gulch = Warsong Outriders

As far as the honor gained for each turn in, I believe they are the same for all three, but not sure, never noticed.

Doing the "For Great Honor" does get you more rep and more honor though.... twice the amount I think?|||The thing about "for great honour" is that it's only efficient in rep terms if you haven't maxed some of the reps out. I hit exalted in WSG way before 60, am 600 points (4 wins) off exalted in AB, and have about 5k to go in AV.

Pasted from another site:


Quote:




If you turn in each BG, 1 at a time:

Warsong (50 rep)

Arathi Basin (50 rep)

Alterac Valley (100 rep)

1134 honor points (378 honor points for each)

If you turn in For Great Honor:

Warsong (100 rep)

Arathi Basin (100 rep)

Alterac Valley (150 rep)

2388 honor points




So, you can see that if you still need all three factions, it's a great deal. I suppose if you were honour farming, it'd work too. However, for me, it's not so great, I have been building faction rep with specific factions in huge PvP binges, I like to accumulate it in a hurry..

Oh yes, and the other problem is that if you're alliance, you'll rarely win a PUGged AB or WSG, because alliance PvP pugs seem to suck for some reason (I can't work out why), and generally lose- much to my regret. It would be much more exciting for both sides if it were more even and tense. In AV, since the huge NPC nerf, alliance wins 99% of the time, due to map imbalances (again this bores me rigid, and annoys me, whichever faction I am currently playing). You will need to factor in length of game and likelyhood of winning to devise the optimum strategy for the stat(s) that you're trying to build.

Also, at 60, on bonus weekends, the battlegrounds (other than AV, where you can't join as a group) are full of alliance premades, since infuriatingly, that's the only way that they can win. PvPing on my alliance characters depresses me immensely.

(End of on-topic bit, now I am really rambling, so stop here if you're in a hurry)

This weekend, I made about 8k AB rep, it would have been a lot slower if I had collected AV and WSG too. Admittedly, the honour is slightly higher, but I can make more honour by winning AB quickly when I am on a roll. Yes, I was indeed just rep farming- trying to win as many games as possible, as quickly as possible. I did get several very nice compliments about my leadership and tactics though, which assuaged any guilt that I might have felt- compliments from PUGs, no less, gasp..

Anyway, it's all good, tonight I will get exalted with AB, and treat myself to the AB stick o'doom and the shoulders. When I finish off AV, I will buy the AB caster dagger o'doom, and pair it with the AV tome of shadow force (quite clearly o'doom too). Still not decided if I will even bother buying the r10 shoulders next week- I have the rank boots in the bank, but never use them because I prefer the AB boots. They allow you to DoT and run FOR GREAT JUSTICE, which is loads of fun, I have kited paladins all over AB, slowly wearing their mana out with low rank SW:P before turning around and melting face- most pallies don't get wise to the fact that I am toying with them until it has happened a few times. Obviously, if they stun me, I just wait for the stun to wear off (so much physical dmg reduc in shadowform and PvP armour, it's lovely), and fear them, to make a little distance. If blackout procs, you have to wait for them to catch up a little, so they get back in range. Keeping them DoTted keeps them in combat, so they can't mount up, either. Shame that there's no damn chance of my Alliance priest ever getting these boots without a premade, really.|||Quote:








turn them in. you can only have so many at one time. after that limit, you will no longer recieve any for the games you participate in.






Er...I've had nearly 20 in my bag, and more than 15 in my mail...(they send them in mail if you would go over 20 in your bag after the current match is over...). So, I'm not sure what limit you are talking about...|||Quote:








The thing about "for great honour" is that it's only efficient in rep terms if you haven't maxed some of the reps out.




Actually, if you hit max rep and still have marks left over, it is efficient to use them 'for great honor' under any formula....

Certainly playing a given BG just to get 'for great honor' after you've already hit max rep in that BG is plain silly....(unless your faction wins every game in just a few minutes...)|||Quote:








Er...I've had nearly 20 in my bag, and more than 15 in my mail...(they send them in mail if you would go over 20 in your bag after the current match is over...). So, I'm not sure what limit you are talking about...






i believe its 18 in bags and 18 in mail. they did it that way to prevent people from having like 5000 of them and droppin them all at once.

For twinks, it would allow them to skip bunch levels right away, and for higher levels... i mean, can u imagine the amount of honor 1500 turn-ins all at once would get you?

Talk about imbalancing the already imbalanced ladder...

No comments:

Post a Comment