Saturday, April 21, 2012

Priests and honor in the BG

Okay, so I've been wondering for some time now, why is it that on some days I can pull 20 kills with 300 honor and others 80 kills with only 115 honor. (Not counting the special wkends) Blows my mind. I talked to one higher priest that told me to DoT everything (i.e. SW:Pain, Holy Fire, etc.) Alright, not bad, it helps alot. Does the damage still count after I die...becuase I do, usually quite fast...and exactly how much honor do heals count as if any? I'd really like to start getting my epic BG gear soo, ya know?|||I don't think you get any honor after you die, no matter how much damage you did to the target.|||Quote:








I don't think you get any honor after you die, no matter how much damage you did to the target.




agree...You don't get kill honor for things that die while you are dead. You DO get objective honor for things that happen while you are dead.|||Quote:








I don't think you get any honor after you die, no matter how much damage you did to the target.




I'm not so sure this is exactly correct. I can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure there was a blue post somewhere that fully explained the honor gained after you die. In short, if I remember correctly, it went something like this:

1. If you do any healing to a friendly character while he's engaged in combat with the enemy, when the enemy dies you will gain honor from the kill.

2. If you do any damage to the enemy, you will gain honor from the kill.

3. If you DIE before the enemy is killed, there is a 1 minute grace period. If the enemy dies before the 1 minute is up after you die, and you have either healed a friendly player engaged in that enemy or have done damage to that enemy, you will gain honor from that kill.

Basicly from what I got out of it was, if you die, your efforts are not wasted. If that guy dies within 1 minute, you get your honor. This way, cloth weaeres (who usually die the fastest, due to being the eaisest to kill) can still get good honor, all they have to do is AoE, DoT or heal. Now, keep in mind there is a one minute limit. You can't just run into a enemy group, AoE (Arcane blast for mages) Die, then expect a ton of Honor. If that group stays alive for 1 minute, then you've died for nothing.

I believe this to be true from my own expirences. I've played my Mage in the BG's (and died very often) But, as I try to AoE when I can, I know I've tagged a lot of people, After I've died and waiting in the GY I've seen the "Youv'e gained XX Honor for YYY being Killed" message, WHILE I'M DEAD.|||I wish someone could explain this clearly then.

I receive much more honor playing a dps char as opposed to a healing char.

If the honor is based off damage done, it is broken IMO.|||I have to agree. I get a fraction of the honour from a BG with my priest compared to my hunter.

While we're talking about ripoffs in the BG honour distribution... Why the hell is defense so badly gimped as well? The other day in AB, I was holding a node by myself while the rest of the team was raking up honour kills without me. Three times I defended the node from attacks and saved definite losses and ended the BG with a grand total of 12 HKs... Compared to those on attack who left with 50+.|||I've done some more research on this. If your interested, there is a FAQ page on the Official WOW page that addresses these questions and many more about honor in the BG's.

Seeing as how I'm at work right now, I can't access that site, but from what I remember reading the other day was this:

Honor is divided up just like experience. If your'e in a party out in the world and are killing Mobs, those in the party that are WITHIN a certain radius will get a portion of the experience from the killed Mob. If your too far away from the party, you will get NO experiance. Honor works the same way. You have to be around your party to gain honor from kills other people in your party have accomplished.

Now, I see this happeneing a lot when I go into the BG's. I always look at my minimap and see where the "yellow and blue" dots are. (those in my party) I always try to stay close to as many as I can. The problem that I see all the time is that my "Party" is usually scattered all over the map. They are not doing anything wrong persay. They are probably just hanging around another friendly group of people. The problem is, if there are 2 or 3 groups of people, all over the map, then the chances are that 1 of your party memebrs is in EACH group.

From this, I have deduced that few people are aware of how Honor is distrubuted. I firmly believe that most people assume that as long as they are next to other friendly people, that they will automaticly get honor from there kills. This is not the case, You can only get honor from another groups kills if you help contribute to what they were killing.

So lets use this as an example, lets say you are next to a group of 4 people. So there are 5 people in your immediate area, (you and the other 4) but NONE of them are in your "Party". Lets say that this group (including you) is engaged in battle with a group of 5 from the opposing faction. A 5 on 5 fight. You (pick a class) assist, either by healing or damage, in killing only ONE of the enemy. The group your next too is successful in finishing off the remaining 4, but you did not contribute to there deaths. You would only get honor for the 1 death, not all 5.

Now lets use the same situation, but the group your'e next too also is the "Party" your'e in. You would get honor from all 5 kills.

So this might help explain the OP. if you get 20 Kills with 300 honor one day, the 80 kills with only 115 honor then next. It might be partially because the first day, you where fighting more closey to your "Party" or memebrs in your "party". and as such, were recieving Honor from there kills as well. Also, keep in mind that Honor deterirates from players you kill in the same day. So, the first time you kill a player in that day, you gain 100% of the honor from that kill. but any more kills on the same player are scaled down by 10% every time you kill that player in the same day. So after killing the same player 10 times in one day, you gain NO honor from that kill. This is designed to deter people from killing the same player over and over again, all day.

From what I read on the FAQ page, this is how I understand it.



~~~ Also, I've confirmed on that same page, that YES you do gain honor after you die, AS LONG AS that person dies within 1 minute from the last time you did damage to him. If he/she survives for longer then 1 minute after you did damage, then your out of luck :( ~~~~~~~~~|||Ohhh...now that explains alot. very cool and great job doing your research. Dunno why I didn't think to do the same. lol. Very helpful Milq.

No comments:

Post a Comment