Thursday, April 19, 2012

A few noobie-BG questions..

While leveling my moonkin druid to 70, I haven't went into battlegrounds all that often. The other day, I decided to try out Eye of the Storm and found that I really enjoyed it more than I thought.

So far my build and gear has all been PvE-related. I did OK during the battles, but certainly not good or great.

For a moonkin druid - what type of gear should I be focusing on? I saw the PVP rewards - what does the resiliance rating do for you?

Also, I've considered just getting good healing gear and healing during BG's, but (as stupid as this sounds), I don't really know how to do it. I've healed for plenty of non-heroic 70's instances, but I feel pretty much worthless in a battleground setting. I have it set so that people's health bars are displayed over their heads, but I have to be so close to them to see it that by the time I start to heal they have moved too far away.

Also, if I put the raid icons up, I can't tell who is too far away to watch their health bar. Is there some type of add-on that can help with this or does someone have a method that they use when healing in BG's?

While playing yesterday, I was fighting while in moonkin form (and doing pretty well at the time) when a hunter ran up next to me as I was casting and yelled, "Heal!" He had some DoTs on him and by the time I got finished killing the person I was fighting, he was dead and shouting, "moron" at me. Are moonkins and shadow priests pretty much expected to stay out of dps form and heal a lot of the time?

Also, is it really worth saving up honor points for the PVP rewards or could I get better stuff for PVP elsewhere (don't have anyone to make an arena team with and the only time I tried a skirmish at level 30 I was put up against two horde - one lvl 33 and one lvl 35 - I didn't even get a hit in)?

Thanks,

Katrala|||Shadow priests will heal with their vampiric embrace. Otherwise they will do the meltage. In your case, my suggestion is that you try keeping teammates alive when it would make a significant difference to the balance of power on the field. Could be that healing that hunter would have swung the balance +2 in your favor--the two of you killing your target.

Or could be the hunter was better off rezzing with full stats. If you really need to save bodies at a forward position, healing and removing curses are musts.

How do you heal: I do it with and without obnoxious healing frames. Your reaction time and range are always problems no matter what setup you have. You can also control-tab through teammates to check them out.

As a priest I keep moving a lot and use renew to get someone's attention. If they really need help they will run toward me. That's when you can try the longer heals, or spam a shorter one if someone's in bad DOT trouble. It's not always easy to tell whether my first action should be to remove DOTs or heal.

If someone's in battle...warriors usually can hold out long enough to take a big heal. Bears too. Cats, rogues, hunters, probably not. Raggies, definitely not.

I play a 39 shadow priest, so no shadowform. I still often lead in healing largely because of VE. Druids can outheal me, same with holy paladins. Druids can have a lot of fun switching between roles. Don't feel like you should be typecast, just do the thing that is tactically smart at the moment.|||My wife has a 70 Bomkin and along with alot of other people has chosen cloth sets for the +Spell Damge etc, as the Balance Druid has gotten nothing in terms of good Leather Druid Caster Sets from Blizz . .even the new stuff. She was bothered actually as she feels that Boomkins get the short end of the stick.

Most of her pieces are cloth with a few leather pieces. But she does some very nice damage now.

The armory isn't working for me atm - but just search for "Angyl" on Andorhal and you can scope out her gear. It's not the best but she got it all from quests and from some AH shopping. She's not hardcore and this is her first MMORPG but she kicks butt.

In BG's she usually hangs back in the back of the pack casting roots, trees, bugs, etc on people. (usually Rogues get her b/c she's in the back). She does her best to heal ppl when / if she thinks about it. Her phrase is - If I wanted to be a healer I would have went resto., you don't see people yelling HEAL ME at feral druids, yet its no different for them to pop and heal you as it for a Boomkin, as you know. You'll get people saying all sorts of things in BG's to a boomkin. If you have a healing spell alot of people think you should be healing, period . . .bahhhh. I'm not one of them, yes LifeBloom is awesome and that's usually what she'll pop out and toss on someone - occasionally. She gets the whole HEAL NOOB stuff but she just laughs it off as it's been occuring since her first WSG.

Do what you want as a Boomkin. You picked balance to cast and do spell damage not heal.

"We'll we could win if the healers would heal" . . maybe, but so what, then you're trying to force a spec / role on a class/spec that didn't choose that role to begin with.

And when she's at the top of the charts in Damage, Kills, w/e then she can say stfu - I'm doing more damage then you . . maybe you should heal me - "But I'm a rogue" . . and your point is . . . lol . . .ahh that's so geat lol.

Too many forget it's about fun and that it's a game . . . don't get pigeon holed.
|||You can have unitframes that fade out bars when people are out of range - makes it fairly easy to recognise who is close enough and who isn't.

Healing can be worth it. At times. Other times, it's better to flat out nuke. Only experience will teach you when to do what. A hint - it's never when someone thinks you -must- heal them. Anyone demanding heals just made sure he won't get a single heal on him the entire BG.

Resilience increases your longetivity - you get crit less often and when you do, you take less damage from them. It's a lot easier to kill someone with 11k health and 0 resilience than it is with 10k health and 200 resilience. Fortunately, most PvP gear also comes laden with stamina as well.

I'd suggest looking at the Gladiator gear. There's some nice stuff to be had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment