Saturday, April 21, 2012

healers.....

Start HEALING!

don't wait for an ask.

don't let teamates die.

don't use BG for your " a chance to do something besides heal"

don't tell others "if you want a heal, roll a healer class"

JUST HEAL!|||Keep people off of me, and maybe I will.

Seriously, though, I don't think I've come across someone that can heal who doesn't do it in BGs. I've even see druids break cat form mid-fight to heal someone.

Have you ever played a healer in BGs? Most people, especially rogues, hunters, and warriors (At least to in my experience), come for us first. Its extremly difficult to heal when you're dead. I've never seen anyone try to kill someone whos attacking me, though. Then again I've never been in a pre-made, either.

Now that I think about it, I need a friend whos a hunter to lay some frost traps next to me when Im healing.|||I really enjoy healing in BGs. It's a lot more challenging than smallscale PvE, as you allways will be the one targeted. I understand why people don't want to heal in a BG with their mains if they play healers, but if you choose not to you end up being there for your own sake to some extent.

This is relative to class, spec and circumstance as allways ofc. I don't expect a 2,5k manapool feraldruid to be my personal healer, but I do get annoyed when the holypriest next to me decides to smite for 500 instead of throwing a flash heal and gets us both killed.

In the end you can't really expect people to do pug BGs for anything else than their own sake and amusement, but I'm pretty sure most people prefer winning to losing.. What I really hate is having half my AV filled up with hunters/mages just farming HKs on the way from SH to SP instead of actually going there and get it. That's a lot worse than not healing in my opinion.

I'm talking about the people that prefer walking back to eat&drink to boost their honor max and making it impossible for the ones trying to win by filling up 1/4 of the spots with a static honorfarming team. The last AV I played today had 10-15 people staying at the exact same position in front of Icewing bunker with close to no casualties. The rest of us beat alliance back to Iceblood and took SP in a few mins when the 3 first people got to offense.

I doubt those people in front were incapable of that feat if they had bothered in those 45 mins it took us to fight back (after a no GY marshall pull ofc :p ).|||I'll spare you the same comment I spare lvl 51 hunters bugging me in AV...

L2Bandage.

Seriously, unless you pay someone's $15 (or eu equiv.), you don't decide how other people play. And most people who enter the BGs are not Healers, as that's just a consistent corpse run.

Healers who do enter use the BGs to do something other than watch 40 health bars.

If you get a heal in a BG, you deserve one. If not, you'll res with full health in 30 seconds max again. That healer just got you to full health @ the cost of 0 mana. Can't be any more cost effective.|||i know half my comment was just to get discussion going.

i dont expect full heals in Bgs but once in a while.... the idea of helping the priest to get the heal later is interesting- although it really should be about the team.

playing in BGs makes u realize how important discipline and command are in the real military.|||The problem with healing in BGs.

1. Unless it�s an organized group or my group stays together healing is a pain in the a$$. Out of range.

2. Protect me

3. Don�t be a fool an rush in to the group of alli with out telling anyone, sorry but when 7 people are hitting you your going to die.

4. Healers heal in raids and instances 98% of the time. How about a break man.

5. This is important. Healers stay back and heal the group from behind. If you run in you will be out of range and the guy your trying to kill is running back now your way out of range.

Tips for healing in BGs.

1. Cycle friendly targets. Works just like tab. I change my bind to "caps lock".

2. Don�t try to be a hero stay alive and HOT everyone taking any damage.

3. Nothing says kill me more than chain heal and shields. On the other hand chain heal is great honor.

4. Find a well geared tank and get all the objectives done "av" or live with him and kill a lot of alli.

Tips for everyone to think about.

1. If you want heals roll a freaking healer.

2. Healers are not here to be your *****.

3. Yelling at people and telling them how to play is for people who are standing in the cave leaching honor.

4. Don�t be stupid and reckless because you saw a priest around.

5. As a healer I can do more damage than 75% of the DPS people in my BG group.

I don�t mean to be an a$$ but please play with you head. You can�t control others actions but you can control yours. This reply is not aimed at any one person. I'm just sharing from a healer point of view. Also a lot more people heal in BGs now that they changed honor.|||Quote:








The problem with healing in BGs.



2. Protect me

4. Healers heal in raids and instances 98% of the time. How about a break man.

1. If you want heals roll a freaking healer.

.






You made some good points - but these are the problems... one of the things i said on this thread was dont tell us to roll a healer class!|||Quote:








You made some good points - but these are the problems... one of the things i said on this thread was dont tell us to roll a healer class!




telling you to roll a healer makes you feel the same way you make others feel when you tell them to heal you. personaly i made a DPS class that can heal. just like a tank makes a DPS class that can wear plate, a rge DPS class can stelth/ stun, a hunter DPS can trap, a lock fears, a mage sheeps. i my friend can heal my self or you if i so choose.

understand there are many times i do just heal others. i love to heal at times. but i dont see you posting about those times.|||The main reason a healer wont heal you is because they simply dont feel appreciated. Showing them some love every now and then they will recipricate.

Many people play battlegrounds with tunnel vision. They seem unable to be able to look around them at there teammates while they are fighting, but instead are only fixated on the one target. If you want heals you need to always be aware exactly where your healer is at all times, are they in range?do they have someone attcking them? Do they have mana?

A good tip I find is at the start of a battleground (this works better in ab and wsg I find) look around at whos a healer. Send them a whisper saying something like "If you throw me a heal every now and then I'll do my very best to look out for you". Of course, you have to keep to your end of the bargain or else they wont keep to theres. If you are unable to save them on one or two occasions, send them a quick apology and explain why. It's a two way street. A healer who doesnt heal, teamed up with a DPS wont last 5 minutes, same as a healer who does heal teamed up with a DPS who doesnt protect him. But if they are both looking out for each other they will be a devastating unstoppable force.|||Newsflash - Healers DO heal in BG's. Check the score sheet if you doubt me.

Biggest reasons YOU may not be getting a heal (and by YOU I mean everyone who's in BG's and felt they should have had a heal) are:

1. I'm out of mana

2. I'm dead

3. You are OUT OF RANGE

4. You are getting beat up by 5 people. No amount of healing is going to save you.

5. I'm getting beat up on and NOBODY is looking out for me. My bacon gets saved before yours.

6. Shields do have a cooldown, so saying, "You should have shielded me, nub" gets you no bonus marks if I've already used my shield recently.

7. HEALS TAKE TIME TO CAST, even Flash Heals take time

8. It's no fun to heal 100% of the time, so give me a break if I want to get one or two killing blows with SW:P or Smite. They pale in comparison to your 10-50 KB's per game, so suck it up. You'll res at full health in 30 seconds or less.

9. And everything I have has a global cooldown, so if I've just cast an instant renew, I have to wait 1.5 secs before I can cast again.

So if you want a heal and aren't getting one, get some combat potions and bandages. Or pull out of combat and eat. I have to pull out of combat to drink so I can heal you. And don't ask for a heal. If you are in range, I already know that you need a heal with my nifty mod. There are (9/14/39) other people in the battleground that I may have placed on a higher priority than you and also need my heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment