Saturday, April 21, 2012

Another class vs class BG question.

After TBC is out for a week or two, a couple of friends and I are going to make some Draenai. I'm torn between a pally and a shamen, and one of my other friends already decided hes going to make a shamen. I'm not worried about having two of the same classes in the group, so don't worry about that.

What has me torn is between the two classes comes from playing a few BGs for the first time in a long while last night. I was on my shadow priest, and shamen were owning the crap out of me. Whirlwind proc'd on me every two seconds. Without my sheild up, I was dead after a earth shock and one whirlwind proc, which went off everytime a shamen hit me. With my sheild up, I got to live an extra two seconds. Whoop-de-freakin-doo. I was browsing through their totems, which I saw that they can also give the proc to nearby friendlies. That is amazing DPS. I was surprised noone was droping those totems, though.

Now, my primary reason for playing a pally is that I would get to wear plate and have decent HP for once. The DPS output wouldn't be amazing, but my survivability would be. Coming from a cloth class, that is a major for me. I would probably be specced Holy/Ret, but only going deep enough in the tree for Blessing of Kings.

At this rate, I'll probably end up playing both for awhile, but I don't have the time for that.|||I don't see a question or anything to follow up on...

I assume you are asking which one you should play?

While shamans are god-like in the BG's, a pally will be HUGE for you and your friends come PVE time...especially instances. That is the reason why alliance were able to complete the endgames fsater than the horde.|||i dont have a shammy....but pallys are god in bgs as well, just in a different way. im holy and protection pally and i still own people, just not as fast. And i cant count the number of times where any othe class of player would have died and i survived to either keep someone else alive, capture a flag or a node. The only thing i truly liked about retribution pally when i speced that way, was the six second sleep you could put on people. that was freaking great.|||pallys own, the dps is awful but we have up to 5 lives i think(with the AB trinket rewards)...lets count 1st life of normal health, gets low and bubble, 2nd time use the AB shield trinket (im not sure if the AB trinket is unique but if its not you can have 2), 3rd time, repeat, 4th forbarance is likely over by now so use the other bubble spell, and 5th is lay on hands. So since youure looking for survivability go for the pally|||Bryant,

Tough choice to make for you, but depends on your playstyle. Do you want to heal or do you want to kill?

For me, I have several characters, one of which is a 69 Holy/Ret Paladin. And let me tell you, I have not been in one single PuG where I am not the top healer. Over other holy pally's and priests. My gear isn't all that great, just regular quest items, and 3 instance drop items, and 0 reputation items. I have +612 to healing with a 21% to crit with healing spells. 7300 HPs and 8500 Mana (no enchants on items).

My normal healing done in an AB. 140,000 healing. Ususally the next closest is at 25-40k. Many times I may have 0-2 killing blows, but have the most honorable kills.

I can't tell you how many times 2 mages and myself, 1 hunter and myself, 1 warlock and myself, etc...have not only held off a 3-5 man rush at one of the nodes, but have ended up killing all of them.

As a holy paladin you may not get many killing blows, but you will be surprised how often you will come out on top with honorable kills.

That being said, if you are a shadow priest, I assume you go into BGs wanting to roam around and kill, not so much heal. And you are looking for survivability. I would most likely go with a holy/ret or holy/prot paladin for the BGs in your case. Simply because you will already have a DPS minded character that you can switch back and forth from.

I have a 70 rogue, 69 mage, 69 pally, 67 warrior. So for me I like to switch it up between the classes depending on what I want to do...kill alot or heal alot.

One note, if you team your pally up with a good lock and a good warrior...the amount of opposition you can take on will be ludicrous at times =P.|||If your goal is to frustrate the other side to no end... go with a pally. I almost want to make a pally just carry the flag in WSG and pay back the alliance for how annoying it is to have a pally flag carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment