Saturday, April 21, 2012

Battleground noob questions... (Marks and quests)

Howdy,

So, I entered battlegrounds for the first time last night... picked up the various quests at chillwind point prior, and once I actually got into the valley, was swept up the the chaos of the battle...

I picked up a lot of marks early on, but then when the battle was done, I discovered they were gone. Did I loose them because:

1) I was looted when I died?

2) I died?

3) or my side lost?...

Also, I have the quest to go get the stormpike banner. Is it OK to go off and do that instead of joining in the mass battle?...

Finally, I have the quest to capture this and that on the field. Obviously I can't do that myself, so it is OK to request a group's help with that, or, should I just ride the wave and pickup those things as the group does them over the course of many battles?...

I would really like to know what happened to my marks....|||The marks are on everyone's corpse when they die. You have one, I have one, Steve the Shaman has one.

When they die you have two options: 1) Resurrect at the graveyard, 2) Resurrect at your corpse.

You can only resurrect at your corpse should the mark still be in place. If it's looted by an enemy player then your only option is graveyard.

So, by looting all those marks, while you didn't earn or gain anything from them, you did stop the enemy from re spawning at their corpse. Which, if done in the middle of an unsuspecting flag room, can cause quite a bit of havoc.

It's worth mentioning that in Alterac Valley you can loot various items, which in turn can be turned into your NPC's for Battleground affects, you can find more info on that Here and Here

In addition, any Battleground items looted dissapear when you leave a Battleground.

When I did my PvP quests, I found that I got them as the match went on. Maybe not all at once, but as I did a few more Battlegrounds I soon found myself having completed the quests, they pretty much take care of themselves.|||So any marks that I captured/looted during the match go away?... aren't these the same marks that I'm supposed to turn in at chillwind?... or do I only turn in marks from the plaguelands at chillwind?.. In come cases I was looting multiple marks from various corpses, some players, but also the ones from the NPCs.

And this was in Alterac Valley... wasn't I supposed to turn in those marks?..

still confused about that....|||Quote:








So any marks that I captured/looted during the match go away?... aren't these the same marks that I'm supposed to turn in at chillwind?... or do I only turn in marks from the plaguelands at chillwind?.. In come cases I was looting multiple marks from various corpses, some players, but also the ones from the NPCs.

And this was in Alterac Valley... wasn't I supposed to turn in those marks?..

still confused about that....




The marks you get which are then used to for trade in towards PvP items (along with Honour points) are given when the battle finishes.

You get 3 tokens for winning a battleground, and 1 for loosing. These are the only tokens you hand in outside of a battleground.

All other tokens / items you've looted from corpses are either a) hand in during the battleground (such as Alterac Valley) or B) the respawn tokens which you don't do anything with, the game takes care of them.|||OK, to define the process then for in-battle turn-ins...

Let's look at my first run in Alterac. I ran with a group, having no idea where I was going, but hacked and slashed as best i could along the way, and wound up at the enemy base, where the group tried for 30 min or so to kill the general. I gathered quite a few tokens from the corpses along the way, probably had 50 or so of all the levels combined. The match was about 1 hour in, and suddenly there's a popup that the horde has won.

So, should I have tried to get back to my main base to turn in those tokens before the match was over?..

And a better question, do you get anything with them that you take outside of the match?..

I guess I'm a bit confused, as I got the quests to gather tokens in the plaguelands, and these from alterac sounded like the same things...

If the mid-game turn-ins are worthwhile, where do I do that?...

thanks!

Oh, and my second attempt was a disaster... the horde were on us right away, couldnt even get away from the base. the battle was so bad and lagging that it finally froze.. total wipe.|||Quote:




So, should I have tried to get back to my main base to turn in those tokens before the match was over?




Not before the match was over, but when it was needed.

Armor scraps will give you a buff to your armor whenever you turn in 20, AND when enough have been turned in (as a total of your side on the BG) you'll upgrade to "elite units" making EVERYONE on your side bigger and stronger - NPCs and Players alike.

Crystals will first have a bunch of elite druids make their way to the middle of the map (if not killed by the other team), and they'll then summon a Boss who'll pretty much wipe out the other team, 10 mins after being summoned when he starts moving.

Medals (not "of honor") will prove to the flyboys that it's safe for them to take off, gaining you areal backup in various parts of the map depending on what type of medals. Once a flyboy is sent off, he will continuously launch bombs (fire and stun) at the enemy players for the rest of the game, unless they successfully kill him (which is rather tricky as he's flying fairly high).

Rams, Wolfs, and hides from either 1 will, when enough of each has been handed in, set off a patrol of elites which will ride towards the enemy base (I'm just guessing on this 1, never seen them set loose)


Quote:




And a better question, do you get anything with them that you take outside of the match?




Reputation, mainly. This used to be a big deal as it'd allow you to purchase some really nice stuff, but now that it all costs honor and is available no matter what your rep is... I've heard rumors of a title being given to those with high enough PvP rep, though!


Quote:




If the mid-game turn-ins are worthwhile, where do I do that?




Your base. Look around for the exclamation and question marks, especially the blue ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment