Saturday, April 21, 2012

Quest reward without xp

I have a 19 twink warrior that is at the halfway point though his XP bar, so I need to avoid XP as much as I can.

To properly gear up, I need a few items that are boss drops or quest rewards. My plan is to have a 60 clear the instance to the boss that I need, while I stay either outside or just inside the instance, thus avoiding collecting unwanted XP. To make sure I'm eligible to get the drop, do I have to participate in the kill? This is especially important for the main boss in SFK, as I need his head to get the quest reward.

Thanks in advance for any help.
|||As far as i know you dont have to fight it, but you will need to be in close proximity to it toget the drop.|||Quote:








As far as i know you dont have to fight it, but you will need to be in close proximity to it toget the drop.




yes, but it is true that all you need to be in for is the boss kill.|||Quote:








yes, but it is true that all you need to be in for is the boss kill.




Not just in, you need to be pretty close to the boss for it to allow you to Loot it. Dont have to worry about any other mob though (just make you you freind kills everything, last thing u want is for you to pick up aggro on a lone mob and get xp from it)|||Solution - have a person that can resurrect you run you through. Have them clear the plae up to the final boss, then you run in (make sure your firends goes back...SFK has wierd pat patterns)....and YOU aggro the boss but die during the fight. You wont get any xp, you can be resurrected, and you can loot.|||THanks for all the good info! I'll give it a shot tonight.
|||Quote:








Not just in, you need to be pretty close to the boss for it to allow you to Loot it. Dont have to worry about any other mob though (just make you you freind kills everything, last thing u want is for you to pick up aggro on a lone mob and get xp from it)




Youll get experience for any mob killed within proximity in an instance. The rate of experience per mob is the only thing that changes using a high level.

Stigg has the twink thing down.|||A few day�s back I was in IF and I got a /w for help with getting something for a twink from VC. I was bored and he said he would pay me some gold so I thought ok. I cleared the whole instance fast got to the last group on the ship and then killed all of them and VC for him. I looked on as he looted everything and he screamed that he got it. I was like ok cool, so I jumped down off the ship to leave the instance and had forgot that there were some people left to kill on the other side of the ship (had been like 6 months since I had done this instance for a guildie.) Anyway my pet killed most of them and I was killing the last few mobs and I saw him yell NOOOOO!!! I looked up and noticed that his level said 20. Then I said �oops, sorry man� I guess you are making a level 29 twink now.�

No comments:

Post a Comment