Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Battlegroup Woes...

After dealing with 300-500 deep Queues for a few weeks (had one cap over 1000... that one took so long, I just gave up and watched tv), my family guild (45 "members"... but only 8 or 9 players... and at most 6 on at a single moment) decided to take advantage of the free move from Lothar to Area52.

Now, I expect a slowdown due to TBC (new characters being leveled and Maxed-out 60's pushing for 70th), but in the entire time we've been on the server/BattleGroup:Frenzy, I've not seen a SINGLE WSG/AB/AV active, except maybe 10-19 WSG.

I check /who Basin, /who Alterac (only ever get 2-4 BEs levelign in Alterac Mountains), and /who Gulch every night... And I queue up with my newly 59th Rogue every chance I get... And I haven't seen a single BG, yet.

I can't fathom that there are no PvPers over Lvl.19 and under Lvl.70... (not that I've seen any Lvl.70's in BG's, either)

I know that the "old" PvP gear is pretty much crap when compaired to green TBC drops, and certainly Lvl.60 Quest rewards from the Outlands... but the HWL Weapons and "free" Epic Mount are still worth the effort... if given the chance to earn ANY marks for them.

Currently holding at:
30 AV Marks

22 WSG Marks

0 AB Marks... (want/need 50 for both the mount and new sword)

8.2k+ Honor
All the above earned prior to the move to Area52/BG:Frenzy... 22 marks from WAY back when I was 20-29, and then post PvP-Revamp earned the Honor in the 30 AV Matches at 53rd/54th.|||give it time, in my battleground(BG2) theres not that many bgs going on at the moment.

normaly 2 EOTS and maybe 1 or 2 AB/WSG's

AV normally nothing, and then when it is up, there 2 few people either side to be able to win the battle as unable to beat stormpike/Drek Thar.

hell alliance were unable to take down Galvanger since they made Galv and Balinda a lot tougher.

there plenty of reason to BG, as you dont get complete armour set from the arenas, so there are the "missing" peices which are 70 BG epics to fill out the rest of the gear.

but as i say give it time, once a lot more people are at higher levels you will see the battlegrounds fill up again, most people are proberbly trying out the new content, were as 3 of the battlegrounds are old stuff, and the Arena season hasnt started yet, plus theres some fun world pvp to be had now(halaa for the win)|||Well, at least I have the spare time to get things squared away...

- the coinage for Riding Training

- a full spare set of Bars, Stones, Cloth and Leather for RE-leveling Engineering for Gnomish, if they don't institute a viable Specialty Swap method in the next month or so...

- stocking up my Tailor/Engineer Priest Lowbie needed supplies for when she breaks 20th and can train to 225max.

But I'm still a bit annoyed that I haven't seen a single active BG above Lvl.19 in the last few weeks, and not just because I want to give my ugly-as-hell 'Bandit' gear a test. Still 59th, and my base stats (HP/AP/Crit) outshine my retired 60th in various Purples and Blues. (only crit% is lower, but I don't have any +crit talents, either)|||just so you know, i started level 60 with <50 gold, and by 65 i had 650 gold. that's more than enough for 150 riding skill & a bought epic mount... if you ask me, its more worth spending the time leveling to 70 and buying a 90g mount rather than not leveling and spending the time to get 30 marks from each PvP faction.

90g can be done in as little as 4 hours of questing in outlands, where as 1 AV token can take 4 hours :)|||On my realm (Gul'dan-medium Population) there are soooo many 10-19 WSG's going on. Maybe 18 games on weekends, 9-12 on week days :P Its madness... wait about 10 seconds ina queu to get in a game :p I got more makrs than you and I play for maybe 1 day in BG :P|||Quote:








On my realm (Gul'dan-medium Population) there are soooo many 10-19 WSG's going on. Maybe 18 games on weekends, 9-12 on week days :P Its madness... wait about 10 seconds ina queu to get in a game :p I got more makrs than you and I play for maybe 1 day in BG :P




I did my time in WSG before... heck, before I dinged 30th, I had all my gear banked up to 58th. In preparation of the BG change, I had WSG at Honored and AB at Revered... and spent the 60g+ on all the gear, rather than have to remake all the marks/honor as I leveled. The plan was originally to buy the gear as I leveled to it, but the announcement of the upcoming (at the time) change made me have to call in a few markers to gather the needed coin for a all-in-one buying spree.

After I hit 51st, I was in AV for those marks, before going back to WSG/AB to finish them off... I knew I'd enjoy AB, and WSG is more of a mindless grind to me than AV was.


Quote:








just so you know, i started level 60 with <50 gold, and by 65 i had 650 gold. that's more than enough for 150 riding skill & a bought epic mount... if you ask me, its more worth spending the time leveling to 70 and buying a 90g mount rather than not leveling and spending the time to get 30 marks from each PvP faction.

90g can be done in as little as 4 hours of questing in outlands, where as 1 AV token can take 4 hours :)




As it is, I'm now 66th and riding my bought-and-paid-for Swift Gray Riding Wolf... and still dreaming about getting my Black War Wolf. But, with over 2k already banked, I'm looking forward to a swiftly-earned (at 70th, I hope to be close to, if not beyond, 4k banked... Oh, the joys off gathering ALL your own materials for tradeskills...) Epic Flyer, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment