Thursday, April 19, 2012

AAARRRGH... can't win AV

I have now played about 15 rounds of AV and the horde has won every single time. I want my pole arm :(|||I feel your pain. I've attempted close to 30 av mataches in the last 2-3 weeks...............zero wins for the alliance.

I think the most disappointing are the ones were we are doing good and then some group decides to focus on stonehearth (complete waste, and strategicly bad)

Then when I tell them they are costing us the game, they swear and get all pissy. 1 min later, we lose Stormpike GY and sometimes Iceblood too boot.

playing alliance AV is maybe the most frustrating thing evar!!!!



It's really not that hard people.



Alliance (despite the horde terrain exploits) actually have a terrain advantage........, but, they rarely use it.|||i personally love it, used to be alliance win everytime, now despite horde still doing the same thing(i.e running up the road to SP instead of taking the under pass or the mountain pass)now we win.

must be all those belf pallys swinging it in our favour or something|||Alliance was always horrible in AV.. well in any BG at all.

It seems like its a bunch of 13 year old kids trying to run a group. Which sucks..

Everyone wants to do their own thing - Anyhow Yes Blood Elf paladins rock the socks. Now that everything is DEAD even besides Terrain, Of course horde will win - It seems like most of the good PvPers are all Horde players.|||Alliance on my battlegroup seems to own AV. When I was 51 I went to AV cause I wanted that polearm too but that's the problem. The previous AV crew that owned AV before my time has moved on and when I first went into AV we lost like 25 games before I saw a win. But, me and others like me were the problem.

I wish they would take those AV quest rewards out of the game. The difference between a lvl 51 and a lvl 58-60 is HUGE. It might as well be a 20 level difference. So you entering trying to find that one win so that you can get the polearm is crippling your team. There are also 10-20 other lowbies doing the same thing you are and that's why you haven't won in 15 rounds. You need to go level and come back later. Also, you can find better polearms in AH for when you get to lvl 57-60.

AV on my battlegroup was just like on yours when I first got in. We never won. So, I leveled up and then went back and I could actually make an impact. Now we kill horde repeatedly. We had an undefeated group in like 4 or 5 games last night. We owned horde so bad they *gasp* actually started playing defense. I thought only Alliance did that.

But really, if you are under lvl 57 and not a healer, you are hurting your team more than you are helping and there are others like you too. If you ever want to win you need to go level and come back. The polearm will still be there. It's nto even that great either, you can find better ones for lvl 58-60's in AH.|||low levels can contribute. I have taken 4 different characters into AV at 51. This last one (post TBC) is the only time I have had a problem.

Despite my experience, I understand that I cannot be the bad azz I was with my 60 in AV, so I will defer to better equipped and higher level players. When you have too many people talking at once and chiming in with their strategy that's when you have problems.

There should only be two lines of text. One coming from the bg leader who leads the first group and the other from the leader of the second group.

Everyone else needs to get into a group and stick with it.|||Thanks for the input guys. At least now I know I am not alone in this frustration.|||If you're a 51 in av and not a healer, you are not helping.

I dont care how many armor scraps you turn in, how much you polymorph, cc, lay traps, stun lock, sap, hamstring...etc.

If you are 51 and not healing, you, and the rest of the players < 57, are hurting your team and making it far more difficult for the rest of the players to win.|||Yeah allies do lose about everytime, haha. Out of 187 marks allies only won one, so thats 62 wins and 1 loss. The problem I see with allies on just about every match is that they turtle, they always run about 30 people on D. Running all D will definitely build honor but other than that, all it does is prolongs Horde from winning.|||Quote:








If you're a 51 in av and not a healer, you are not helping.

I dont care how many armor scraps you turn in, how much you polymorph, cc, lay traps, stun lock, sap, hamstring...etc.

If you are 51 and not healing, you, and the rest of the players < 57, are hurting your team and making it far more difficult for the rest of the players to win.




Considering both sides have to deal with 51's in AV trying to get a win for their quest, I don't see how they could be contributing significantly to your constant losses. It's not like the opposite faction all got together and agreed that nobody tries to finish their AV quest until they are 57 or higher.

It's no secret that the 51-59 AV bracket has a disproportionate amount of x1's in the games, so play another bracket if you can't deal with it. They can help, just maybe not as much as you would like, but somewhere there is a 59 twink who plays alot better than you who wishes you weren't there either.

No comments:

Post a Comment