Thursday, April 19, 2012

Need help choosing toon...

So, I rolled a shadow priest as my first toon on a PvP server (played rogue on pve, always want to be a dps class). My buddy ran me through SFK and at 18 I have 4 blues from SFK waiting for me at 25. BUT I am hearing from shadowpriests that they get owned by a lot of other classes because of no instant casts like mages and because they are so squishy are 1 or 2 shotted by rogues...So, should I stick it out with a shadowpriest? Or should I reroll a mage or a rogue? My 18 sp was killed by a 17 rogue (not a twink) in world pvp mutliple times yesterday. If I am going to 70 I want to make the right choice off the bat.

Thanks for the help in advance!|||Well, you could play a Rogue and get owned by Hunters. Or you could play a Warlock and get owned by Druids. Or you could play a Druid and get owned by Mages. Or play a Mage and get owned by a Warlock. Various classes have various counters and there will always be one other class that is particularly strong against you, just as there is another class (or classes) that will be particularly weak against you.

Pick something that you WANT to play, that suits how you would want to approach the game rather than picking something that "owns" and "does not get owned"

That would be my advice. Perhaps seemingly not useful at all, but ...|||hugely helpful :) but, my concern as well as doing well in PvP, is end game content and getting spots in raids, not as a healer...are sp's getting spots now no problem without being demanded to heal? I know this went off topic since this is a pvp forum. I agree with you and will play what I want but the problem seems to be, I want to play a warrior but can't get any spots end game unless I'm prot specd (not fury or mortal strike dps (pvp) speccd), I want to play a rogue but there are too many on the server apparently, so I kind of feel like I am being forced into a roll if I want to end game. I really make a better melee than caster, but...see point above :) sorry if this is annoying or boring but does anyone else feel this confusion or problem or am

I completely insane?|||Well unless you like tanking or healing, you just can't have it all.

There's far too many people playing DPS classes in comparison to those, so you'll have to choose between picking the class/spec you like most and subsequently raiding less or taking the most wanted role and do more raids because there's always a shortage.

This game is designed to be a tank/healer/DPS+cc game, nothing you can do about it.

If you get a guild with lots of healers and tanks, it's of course not a problem.|||bump, I'm alone here then? :) that would mean I should play whatever I want and find a guild that needs whatever I ended up wanting to play for end game?|||I'm cool with tanking, but also want to do well in PvP...but from my understanding that's not really possible.|||Kingofviks - lots of discussion here on this subject already.

You want the best class? Any of them

Best race? Any of them.

In the end it just comes down to how good a player you are and which character you like seeing the rear end of all the time ;)

Not forgetting that you can reroll to level 20 fairly quickly aswell

<edit> dont worry about endgame at level 18 - hell, im not worried and im a hunter at level 49 ;)|||Quote:




I'm cool with tanking, but also want to do well in PvP




Druid is a pretty good compromise between tanking and pvp! Don't judge them by the first 20-30 levels though they take awhile to get going but once they do = pretty fun.|||As I level my mage, I am really really liking it!! If you are going to go DPS, go full DPS in my opinion. In most of BG's that I join there are only like 2 or even 1 mage. I am consistantly towards the top of damage, killing blows, and honorable kills. Plus is you really know how to PK and change armor spells and mana sheild mages are pretty tough to kill. The only way I can be killed easy is if I run out of mana, which being deep fire happens a fair amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment