Saturday, April 21, 2012

Simple BG advice

Just wanted to vent some frustration after losing so many ABs from the alliance side and decided to offer up some "tips" and figured others could chime in as well....

Hunters:

Please do not run around the entire game with asp of cheetah on

Please do not use your pet to attack another person's pet -- it is an extension of your dps and is wasted on a non-person

Druids:

You can be feral specced and still heal when it's needed -- don't let that mana bar go to waste

I'm not trying to pick on these two classes because there are plenty of good hunters/druids out there, these just happened to be the most common things I noticed from my experiences in the 30-39 BGs.|||I'll add some of my own.

Paladins etc. :

Please cleanse 'lock dots after a battle is finished so that people don't die needlessly.

Warriors and Rogues:

Defend any priests, paladins or druids that are healing your, or someone elses sorry ass (this actually goes for everyone).

Hunters:

Please trap the flag (both in AB and WSG) and put down flares when needed.

Mages: Use your CC whenever possible, and don't use aoes when only two enemies are being fought (unless you have no other recourse but to spam AE).

That's about it, I don't really want to tell healers to heal, because I know they do enough of that in raids and instances- but if they did everyone would love them that little bit more.|||some might not agree but dont join BGs if you only meet minimum level requirements. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a level 50 in a 50-59 BG unless you are healing. You wouldnt level your 50 toon on level 60 mobs would you? No then dont do it in BGs either. DO yourself and everyone a favor and go quest.|||Please don't attack something stuck in a freezing trap unless the hunter that laid the trap has moved well away from the trap.

God, that irritates me. I get attacked by a rogue or warrior, scatter shot and trap, and before I can move away to distance (probably have crippling poison or hamstring on me) someone attacks the trapped player. Of course, the trapped player dies, but takes me out first since I was already knocked down to 50% health before I got them trapped.|||Example - Dont join 50-59 BG's at lvl 50-52|||disagree on that point, if you dont want to fight with lower levels, dont pug.

if they want to pvp let them its there choice.

oh and i like that thinly veiled line on healers healing up top.

personally i love shadow priests, holy priests are great for the healing, but shadow priests and there free mana and health abilities are teh win|||Quote:










Hunters:

Please do not run around the entire game with asp of Pack on






Fixed.

...|||Quote:








some might not agree but dont join BGs if you only meet minimum level requirements. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a level 50 in a 50-59 BG unless you are healing. You wouldnt level your 50 toon on level 60 mobs would you? No then dont do it in BGs either. DO yourself and everyone a favor and go quest.




I could not agree more. After priests, low level BG players are the next thing I target since they die in like 3 seconds. It would be nice if the BGs were further broken up like, for example, 30-34 and then 35-39. But I realize if blizzard did it that way that it'd be near impossible to ever get a BG started.|||Quote:




Please do not use your pet to attack another person's pet -- it is an extension of your dps and is wasted on a non-person




This is the only thing I've read so far that I do not agree with. I love killing a distracted Hunter's pet because not only does it take the Hunter out of the battle for a while it also drains their resources.

2x Waters, 1-2 Food, and a bandage just to get back to full after they die.|||Quote:








This is the only thing I've read so far that I do not agree with. I love killing a distracted Hunter's pet because not only does it take the Hunter out of the battle for a while it also drains their resources.

2x Waters, 1-2 Food, and a bandage just to get back to full after they die.




I don't see much use in killing a hunter's pet since you can kill the hunter directly and get rid of both him and his pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment