Thursday, April 19, 2012

Twinking at 59???

Hi,

I'm totally bored of questing (and pretty much everything else) with 2 of my characters who are in their mid-50s. I'm thinking of making WSG/AB/AV twinks out of them while I still can as I love PvP and was wondering: Is this a viable option? I hope some people in-the-know can give me some advice here.

What concerns me is...

1. The differences between level 59 and 60 characters in AV - will my butt get whipped by 60s?

2. XP from killing guards, etc in AV - I've noticed I get xp (albeit, only a small amount) from killing the other sides NPCs in AV; will the eventually push me to 60?

Thanks people,

Starfire|||1. not really.. depends how twinked* you are.

2. yes, you will eventually ding :P



* a level 59 isnt technically a twink.. you stop being a twink at 39 imo.|||I think that you could make a pretty decent twink at 59. You would need to research the best gear for you from quests, and instances that dont require you to be lvl 60. Some of the outlands greens that arent lvl 60 might be good too. Just dont get too much into lvl 59, so that you can just slowly lvl off of the expirnace earned from AV. The only disadvantage that i see you having is that you will be missing one talent point, and that last point can mean that you arent going to get a certain spell or ability. And Amgyn, a group of friends and I all stayed at lvl 49 for 5 weeks or so and twinked ourselves and had a great time with it. We had enough to run a full WSG team : )|||Quote:








1. not really.. depends how twinked* you are.

2. yes, you will eventually ding :P



* a level 59 isnt technically a twink.. you stop being a twink at 39 imo.




i agree that you generally stop seeing twinks past 39, but i still think you could make one at 49 or 59. its just that no one puts in the effort required to do so to get the best gear possible and that's probably because it would be so damn difficult. too many people will call their char's twinks when they are in all blues and/or some purples when really that may not be the *best* gear they can get. they just like to call themselves twinks|||I have a guild mate who twinked at 49 and at the rate he can win AB i think its definately worth it.|||Quote:








1. not really.. depends how twinked* you are.

2. yes, you will eventually ding :P



* a level 59 isnt technically a twink.. you stop being a twink at 39 imo.




Um.. I beg to differ..

http://forums.worldofwar.net/showthread.php?t=393465

Wearing lvl 57-59 outlands greens is a *MUST* for any lvl 59 twink.

It's like having Tier 1 (maybe even Tier 2) having its level requirement reduced to lvl 58-59 and becoming BoE.|||1: You can have level 59 twinks but poeple tend to call them well geared.

While in wsg and ab at lv 59 you will find it easy as if you were lv 39 in 30-39,

when you hit 60 you will be fighting all the lv 69's and what not who will have much better items Eg: outlands items



2: this will effect the time you will have twinked at lv 59 but if you just want to play AV level to 60 because the exp jump is massive meaning more time for mr twinky (if pvp gear)|||I don't usually twink.

I was told to twink at level 59, but I just didn't bother with it.

btw, thanks maxeyy for the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment