Thursday, April 19, 2012

Help a noobie mage in the BG's?

Hey guys

I'm wondering if any of you could give me some tips on things i should be doing as a mage in WSG. I played my first WSG last night and got myself clobbered badly. For instance i'd fire blast someone and then try and cast a fire ball at them. My problem was by the time i'd finished casting fire ball the enemy was either already out of range or i was dead. I tried ice trapping them but for things like shamans it was espcially useless since they just use their ranged attacks on me and cut through my paper thin armour.

I do understand i was too low level though (was only lvl 12) but i wanted to try it out to perhaps garner some PvP understanding since only PvP's i've ever done were duels and i did'nt win many of those either.

So i pose the question. Can you guys help out a Noobie Mage?|||as a mage u are not supposed to cast in wsg, use your instant spells

You are not the main damage dealer use polymorph, and frost nova to assist your companions, if want to cast something cast scorch (i am not sure which lvl u get it) rarely u will be able to full cast your fireball, if u can manage to cast frostbolt it would be more beneficial as u are slowing enemies,

And dont forget to polymorph

polymorph is good.|||Quote:








as a mage u are not supposed to cast in wsg, use your instant spells

You are not the main damage dealer use polymorph, and frost nova to assist your companions, if want to cast something cast scorch (i am not sure which lvl u get it) rarely u will be able to full cast your fireball, if u can manage to cast frostbolt it would be more beneficial as u are slowing enemies,

And dont forget to polymorph

polymorph is good.






what he said :)

did he mention polymorph ?|||Quote:








Hey guys

I'm wondering if any of you could give me some tips on things i should be doing as a mage in WSG. I played my first WSG last night and got myself clobbered badly. For instance i'd fire blast someone and then try and cast a fire ball at them. My problem was by the time i'd finished casting fire ball the enemy was either already out of range or i was dead. I tried ice trapping them but for things like shamans it was espcially useless since they just use their ranged attacks on me and cut through my paper thin armour.

I do understand i was too low level though (was only lvl 12) but i wanted to try it out to perhaps garner some PvP understanding since only PvP's i've ever done were duels and i did'nt win many of those either.

So i pose the question. Can you guys help out a Noobie Mage?




Level 12 is too low. I know you just wanted to broaden your knowledge, but all classes will have too many problems at this level. Your problem will be that, even when you cast a spell, chances are high that it will be resisted, or even if not, it won't be doing much denting of the targets health bar.

In general though, what the other guys said. Stay in groups so you aren't alone and vulnerable. A lone mage in the BG's is often a dead mage. Stay with other people and hang at the back of packs. That way the opposition must fight through your warriors / locks / druids etc to get to you. You should be hangning with the healers and casting from range.

Instants are good in BG.

Did anyone mention poly's yet?

BG's can be fun as a mage, but get some more levels before trying again! At least to 16/17, preferably to 17/18.
|||Ok i did think it was too low but i just wanted to see the place for myself really and have a bit of a go :)

Thanks for the help!|||I just try and support the flag carrier. Get my water elemental out on aggresive and be prepaired to FN anyone who comes over to attack the flag carrier. Hit cool down and FN again when needed.|||Quote:








I just try and support the flag carrier. Get my water elemental out on aggresive ....




At level 12 he's got a bit to go before he starts thinking about the water elemental.|||The level 10-19 BGs are not a good place for low level PvP newbies, the twinks eat you alive.|||Quote:








The level 10-19 BGs are not a good place for low level PvP newbies, the twinks eat you alive.




That is an unfortunately ironic statement. Where are low level pvp newbies supposed to learn PVP tactics if not in the low-level BGs? Although I suppose Blizzard is trying to fix that in the next patch.|||well level 13 now leveled up today :)

Anyhow i guess its mainly a supporting role casting instant stuff and polymorphing. Am i right? Would it be good to use Frost trap? (or whatever its called it traps them so they can't move)

No comments:

Post a Comment