Thursday, April 19, 2012

No AB and WSG for people without expo?

Ive recently come back to the game after taking a break, and logging in my 60 druid and going into WSG, i see that my level range is 60-69, playing against people with the expo and much too high for me to be of any use (apart from just flag running maybe) and definatly too high for me to have any fun. I have no intention of getting the expansion for a few reasons (money, classes better balanced at 60, takes too long to level) and it seems to be that blizzard have taken away these two battlegrounds for people who dont have the expo.

I can understand not giving people new things, so i am not complaining about EotS, but releasing a new expo and making the game worse for people without it?

I really just want to know if Bliz are going to change this or have said anything on the subject, or i guess ill just either quit or make a twink. . .

(I live for pvp btw)|||It's the same brackets as they always were - 10-19, 20-29 etc.

Just cause the level cap was in place before, you didn't notice.

AV is the one running from 51-60 so you'll be highest level there.|||Thats really just an excuse. . .still doesn't justify taking 2 battlegrounds away. The ranges IMO should have been changed|||It doesn't take the BG away from you. Just makes it a pain to go in - you can still earn your marks.|||Thing is though, not everyone wants to do the BG just for the marks, some want to do it for fun, and where is the fun of getting owned by level 69's just because they have the expansion and you dont?

However making a solution for this would involve changing the entire structure of the BG's and imo proberly wouldnt work.|||And would completely beyond the interest of Blizzard as they would prefer people to buy the expansion for whatever reason they can muster.|||Quote:








And would completely beyond the interest of Blizzard as they would prefer people to buy the expansion for whatever reason they can muster.




Yup, So even though its unfair to those who dont have it for whatever reason, as a business there would be little point in changing it as it means losing money.|||Well, I think 40 bucks isn't all that much to pay for a game that gives you 10x more content. Yes, 40 bucks is a lot of money to me, even if I was a millionare I'd savor every penny, but truthfully the game is like when you very first started, going "Wow... This is friggin AWESOME, and I am only level 2!"|||Quote:








Ive recently come back to the game after taking a break, and logging in my 60 druid and going into WSG, i see that my level range is 60-69, playing against people with the expo and much too high for me to be of any use (apart from just flag running maybe) and definatly too high for me to have any fun. I have no intention of getting the expansion for a few reasons (money, classes better balanced at 60, takes too long to level) and it seems to be that blizzard have taken away these two battlegrounds for people who dont have the expo.

I can understand not giving people new things, so i am not complaining about EotS, but releasing a new expo and making the game worse for people without it?

I really just want to know if Bliz are going to change this or have said anything on the subject, or i guess ill just either quit or make a twink. . .

(I live for pvp btw)




Actually...it really doesn't take too long to level in the Outlands...|||I raised this same question on the official forums before the x-pac even came out, pointing out that it is indeed unfair. It would have been easy for Blizzard to just code AB and WSG to have a 60 only bracket and then a 61-69 bracket, but they chose not to. I don't believe it is simply a 'financial' decision though, ie: they want to force people to buy the x-pac. They make enough money as it is, they don't need to squeeze more. I think it is more likely that they don't believe there will be enough people that don't buy the x-pac to actually support a 60 only bracket. The queue times would likely be in the 10-20 hour range.

Anyway, I understand your frustration but will offer the same advice as others. The x-pac is worth the money if you can scrape together the $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment