Saturday, April 21, 2012

First night of 70 battlegrounds

Me = Alliance arcane/fire mage, mediocre gear, +650 damage.

Encountered an opposing mage who snuck up on me. Sheeped me and wound up for pyro. I trinketed out and tried to silence. Resist. He silenced me. No resist. Sheep. Pyro. Ignite. And so on.

Repeatedly assaulted by warrior trailed by a druid healer. Can't silence the healer before being stunned by the warrior. Killed in two hits.

Did manage to defeat a warlock. Why no felguard? Using imp in PVP is odd.

Spent a lot of time defending nodes. Won more AB's in one night than I won in a month at lower levels.|||Wow...what a great story....+1 post (100 w00t)|||Quote:




Did manage to defeat a warlock. Why no felguard? Using imp in PVP is odd.




Only way to kill a fury warrior. Well, you can always dot him up before dying, but you'll still be dead.

Well, I suppose it might've been changed with TBC, but at least the ONE time I was killed 1v1 by a warlock while playing my lvl 60 really-poorly-geared fury warrior, was by a warlock using an imp. The rest all tried to fear me..|||Sorry, had an Internet problem and this posted before it was done.

Anyway, my observation was that PVP against players with full talent points and a wide range of gear is a lot different than it was at other levels.

Does anybody have a full understanding of roles for different types of mages in battlegrounds at level 70? Taking out warriors ain't it, is my impression. I've seen mages hide out near a raging battle till everybody's taken damage, then AOE like mad (best combination seems to be blast wave, dragon's breath, arcane explosions).

Do frost mages have it better because of their phenomenal slowing/kiting power (forgetting ice block/barrier for a second)?

Is POM/Pyro obsolete at 70 (also known as, how many times am I going to shoot a totem)?

Has the addition of paladins to the Horde helped or hurt them (they take a tremendous amount of damage, I know that much)?|||Quote:








Only way to kill a fury warrior. Well, you can always dot him up before dying, but you'll still be dead.

Well, I suppose it might've been changed with TBC, but at least the ONE time I was killed 1v1 by a warlock while playing my lvl 60 really-poorly-geared fury warrior, was by a warlock using an imp. The rest all tried to fear me..






was on my MS warrior last night, first time ive really BG'd with him(hes only 66 atm) had a blast, having pvp'd with a shaman for the past 2 years its a nice refreshing change.

though attacked and killed a warlock, starting to look smug for my own handy work, then i noticed my health was still dropping, damn DOTs all over me, had to laugh as i finally dropped about 5 or 6 seconds after i took the warlock down, death from beyond the grave >.<

while we are sharing our "first night" of bg stories.


Quote:




not sure how much it changes at 70(pvpd with my shaman at that level but no idea about warriors)but its been a lot of fun so far, its nice being able to take down the classes that traditionally give shaman trouble.

Does anybody have a full understanding of roles for different types of mages in battlegrounds at level 70? Taking out warriors ain't it, is my impression. I've seen mages hide out near a raging battle till everybody's taken damage, then AOE like mad (best combination seems to be blast wave, dragon's breath, arcane explosions).




well of course if the warrior gets close to you then its going to be good bye unless you have other members of the team close who are able to support you.

i think frosty mages will fair better with the ability to slow the warrior, having said that i got hit my 2 massive shots from a fire mage last night, cant recall the exact amount of damage but the 2 shots came in the space of a second and must of taken about 90% of my health out, before i could even do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment